Seller/Site cannot be contacted and paypal rejects claim

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

The company <Removed> is a brand new website that sell items on it. I click on a chess board and made the mistake of ordering.  However, $70 later, I cannot contact them, their website is only month old (screams fraud) and paypal has rejected my case and appeal.  I've sent the owner of the website 10 emails, tried to contact them through their DNS contact, paypal has no contact details. 

Have I just been scammed and paypal isn't willing to help me?  Guess I should have used a credit card it seems.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TangoTH1 

Would help if you said which dispute you opened.

1. If non receipt then you should win if the seller doesn't provide trackable proof of delivery.

2. If not as described then IF you win paypal would normally ask you to return the item for a refund.

3. If unauthorised then you are telling paypal you were hacked and the item was purchased without your consent.

So which did you open? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
I opened a few because indeed the situation is fraudulent. To explain

I opened a case a dispute as I have not received and item nor any communication from the seller.  Dispute denied and closed even though I have proven I have tried to contact, the website has open been open a few months and seller not responsive.

I then opened a fraud case. This too was denied with paypal's response as "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s)"

So that's it. I have tried to open cases for support and I get automated deny messages.

This website juiceie.com is a fraud and Paypal is allowing this company to further rip people off.

Both of my cases were closed, of different types with automated paypal responses.   Very surprised by this that I thought Paypal would support it's customer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TangoTH1 

If you opened one for non receipt of item then did you escalate it to a claim before it timed out 20 days after opening?

If you did then did the seller provide a tracking number? Is that why paypal closed it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Yes, I have tried to open multiple cases within the 20 days.  Now, if I try to open a new case to query again, I get an error "

You've already filed a case for this transaction. Visit the resolution center to view the status of your case."

But when I goto the the status, it says closed without any response from the seller.   They cannot be contacted and no product, shipping ID/Tracking, nothing at all.

it seems Paypal is letting this scam continue. I'm shocked by the lack of assistance here despite my many attempts to contact Paypal.

Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

Well.  I've given up. Paypal has successfully participated in theft of $75 from me by not responding to multiple cases I have opened, the request for assistance here, or via twitter or emails.

I'll be withdrawing my funds, closing my account and will be sure to make it known on any and all platforms how poor the Paypal service is..

Goodbye.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TangoTH1 

Bye then, you're welcome to my free advice to try and help you, kudos may have been nice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

What was the advice given?  Looking back at the above communications I had answered the questions you asked promptly and accurately. 

I've got no action plan or an other methods to try and recover the funds that papal help this thief to steal.

Login to Me Too

ronnieguitar
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  Company is not in Iowa as claimed buy China.  Cannot contact seller, bogus email and bogus phone number buy Paypal has rejected my claim although I have not received the item. Paypal will do nothing to help you. I am dropping the sorry **bleep**, they do not help. I hope they go broke.

Login to Me Too

TangoTH1
Contributor
Contributor

I'd suggest calling them and advise that he seller hasn't shipped your item and you haven't received it.   They resolved the issue for me

Curious how many people were scammed by this tactic and yet it goes on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.