Scammers from P.R.China (June - August 2020)

ANNANN38
Contributor
Contributor

When making online purchase, pls beware of scammer from P.R. China.

Paid for a pressure cooker but received a worthless metal ring.  Seller refused to refund.

Avoid :  msiyt

Beware of :

Consignee: <removed>

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

nandoplopes
Contributor
Contributor

I got my money back from PayPal Credit.

However, I kept track of every interaction I had with them. I filed a report with IC3 and shared it with PayPal. I located their IP and DNS (spoofed/fake one, but still), and shared them with both PayPal and the company. Sometimes the agents would just repeat information, like asking me to file a formal complaint with local authorities. Once I did, I just made sure to ask the agent to read my entire case and that usually helped move my dispute further along.  Every time they sent me an e-mail, I shared it with PayPal. Yes, EVERY e-mail, including the 25%, 35% and finally 50% refund offer from them... I never closed the PayPal assistant conversation until it got solved.
The company stopped replying to me once PayPal refunded me... and FYI, I have a friend who lives in China, and this is what the return address looks like:

Screenshot_20200902-081119_Instagram.jpg

She said the phone number  shows Yunnan, not Shenzhen - not sure how I could use this info against them, but still.
I don't know about you, but this definitely doesn't look like a "warehouse" or any kind of legitimate operation on a worldwide scale, especially considering the kinds of items they claim to have in store. Those apartments don't look all that big to store merchandise...

Login to Me Too

NKCA
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, have been scammed by the same scammer. I saw an ad on FB about a twin-rotating composters and placed an order in late March 2021.  Order confirmation  I received by email shows the store  "retainty"  and a photo of the composters, and its price in USD.  About three weeks later, I received a small plastic envelop without sender's address, containing a 'product quality certification' card with a metal pin that looks like a pair of sun glasses. I  thought the seller had made an mistake so I contacted them by email. Since then, they've sent me several emails from YUNPENG LI (Paypal won't allow me to share the seller's email address in this message), apologizing for their mistake, offering me a 10%, 20% and 30% refund in each of their subsequent emails, and asking to sell the pin to recover my money, etc., etc.,. I refused and asked for their return address in both English and Chinese, and a full refund.  I also pointed out that what they did was 'dishonest conduct to scam their customer'.  They then sent me the following return address: 

Consignee: Zhengwei

Address: Room 202, <Removed>, <Removed>, Bantian Street,<Removed>, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

Phone: <Removed>

I did a Google search on this address, which led me to Paypal community's complaints on this same scammer since June 2020!  I raised a complaint to Paypal, and received full refund a few days ago.  Since this scammer has been already known to Paypal for about an year, I'd have thought that Paypal should have issued a warning message to anyone who'd place an order with this 'seller' or have kicked the scammer out! But at least I got my money back. 

Login to Me Too

Jack_James
Contributor
Contributor

Consignee: Zhengwei Address: Room 507, Building A, Bole Industrial Zone, Jixiang Garden, Bantian Street, Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China Phone: <removed> 3 That's who scammed me for 2 cat litter boxes. I received a silicone drinking bowl. I was told a 10% refund ..now I'm up to 50%, and I have brought it up with PayPal resolution center.

Login to Me Too

Emmajt2006
Contributor
Contributor
Definitely log with pay pal I waited 6 months but eventually got my money back.
Login to Me Too

KemiktheViKing
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a STEM ROBOT DOG on a link from FACEBOOK

Item delivered was a cheap ring.

Emailed query - reply (didn't reference my order, AT ALL, ever!) 'Offered a 20% refund and suggested I sell the ring. (*yeah, right!)

After a period of email tennis, where the offer increased to 50% and keep the ring, or  return the ring to  *Room 507, Building A, Bole Industrial Zone*, and IF it arrived, undamaged AND could be resold, I would get a full refund, I put in PayPal dispute. Raising the dispute was an easy process, I then continued to play email tennis but PayPal can see this process, I asked for 1) full refund for goods ordered but not sent, 2) requested prepaid envelope  to send 'ring' back. Replies centred on percentage refund and a keeness NOT to escalate "PayPal will make you send the ring back and that's expensive".

After a month of this (*final offer was "75% and keep the ring" - but still no explanation as to WHY I should pay for return of their ring or pay for their unsolicited goods!) I escalated the dispute with PayPal and explained the situation, they could see the queries and unanswered questions. My dispute was then processed within 24 hours by PayPal and I was fully refunded the money I had paid (*VERY impressed by speed of processing).

Excellent work PayPal! Thanks
Login to Me Too

Sam405
Contributor
Contributor

I appear to have been scammed by these clowns.  I ordered a cheeseboard and received a cheap tacky ring.  So far the are unwilling to offer me more than a 30% refund and want me to pay to send the ring back. PayPal are still looking into it but I'm not hopeful to be honest! This has been ongoing since mid December. PayPal already went in their favour as they said they'd delivered the item, I havd to ring and explain I hadn't ordered what they send and it's been re-opened.  Hoping for a speedy resolution!

Login to Me Too

Emmajt2006
Contributor
Contributor
Hey the best thing to do is ignore what the seller is saying to you as will annoy you, have they said you can keep the item and sell it yet. That was the breaking point for me! PayPal will refund you took a few months for me as they changed the case to item not as described, take pictures of the packaging with the tracking number as proof I’m assuming it will clearly fit through your letterbox. As frustrating as it is be patient you will get your money back
Login to Me Too

Sam405
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, not got to the keep and sell yet, we're still on the send back at your own cost for a refund or have a 30% refund.  I took photo's of it all when it arrived but because PayPal have changed the desctiption from goods not sent to goods not as described, they haven't asked for any of the emails or photo's. I'll keep fingers crossed I have my refund soon!

Login to Me Too

Emmajt2006
Contributor
Contributor
Hey. Yeah that’s exactly what they did with me. Just a waiting game now, I really don’t get why they have not been banned from using PayPal
Login to Me Too

TinyPixie
Contributor
Contributor

OMG

It somewhat feels nice not to be the only one!

I ordered sewing patterns, and also got a cheap **bleep** plastic ring.

Like all of you I opened a complain, was asked to PAY to return that **bleep** item and provide a tracking number, which I refused to do as I didn’t want to waste 14 euros (tracking is expensive in Sweden and I already had paid 10 euros of custom taxes to get that **bleep** ring I never ordered!) so PayPal closed the case IN FAVOUR OF THE SELLER !

What can I do now?

The seller doesn’t answer - of course they don’t - and so far PayPal hasn’t answered any of my messages either. I can’t find any appeal button anywhere, and I definitely think we shouldn’t be asked to pay for tracking shipping for something we didn’t order.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.