Scammers Playsdom

jot44
New Community Member

Hi there

How many of you on here are experiencing difficulty obtaining full credit back from a company Playsdom?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

luziusalbin
New Community Member

Just received my money back today - fully, after i disagreed a partial payback. good job and one (worthless) moneybag for free - thank you, scammer!

Login to Me Too

glpease
Contributor
Contributor

Yep. Me too. Filed a dispute with PayPal. Seller offered a $12 partial refund. Declined. I was then informed that I'd have to send the $2 wallet back, at a cost of over $15 to get a refund. Nope. Sent several emails (which were apparently ignored) to PayPal indicating that 1) the seller is obviously a scamming fraud, 2) I wasn't going to invest another $15 plus the time an inconvenience to go to the post office, fill out customs forms &c. Claim rejected by PayPal because I did not provide "tracking information." So, the crooks got away with it. 

If this was a US seller, they would be guilty of mail fraud, which is taken very seriously. No such protection dealing with Chinese sellers. It's only $33, so I'll consider it a lesson learned, but not happy at all with the way it was handled. 

Login to Me Too

Marktheharp
Contributor
Contributor
I’m really sorry PayPal didn’t come through for you in your case. I can’t think why, as I and others have been refunded. I spoke to PayPal on the phone after I rejected the initial offer, and told PayPal in advance that I wasn’t prepared to send a Wallet back because it was simply not economic to do that for me but clearly on the outside of the package was marked “wallet”, so it was, in my opinion, deliberately fraudulent. I heard nothing back for about two weeks and then got a full refund. I’m really sorry they didn’t do this for you. Perhaps you can phone PayPal and talk about it, because PayPal is happy to take money in the form of PayPal transaction fees. This does not reflect well on them as a company.
Login to Me Too

glpease
Contributor
Contributor

@Marktheharp - Thank you for the suggestion. I just called PayPal, spoke with someone who was very helpful and understanding, and have been issued a full credit. The thieves still got away with it, but at least PayPal's buyer protection actually means something, at least in this case.

The worst part of this whole mess is that I was really looking forward to the clock kit as a fun little father/son project. 

Login to Me Too

Marktheharp
Contributor
Contributor
Fantastic! I’m so pleased. I similarly was disappointed because exactly the same – I wanted it as a father and son project. In the end I ordered two clocks from Banggood – Make sure you get the one that is semi complete, unless you fancy soldering surfacemount components! – And we sat across the table and assembled them together. A lot of fun, and the clocks are fantastic. Everything the Playsdom ones should have been. I use one in my teaching room, my son has his under his monitor. Same price as the one you paid for. The Banggood assembly instructions are for the solder version, but you start halfway down. So as I say, there are two, and just be careful that you get the one that is semi complete. It’s a few dollars more but well worth it! I don’t believe I can post a link, but do have a look
Login to Me Too

glpease
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again, @Marktheharp . Found the kit, and ordered!

Login to Me Too

Cadsey
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. Bait and Switch Refund Scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.