SCAM

Dab710
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone look out for Machi Information Technology Co., Ltd. They are 100% scammers I was sent a small rubber ball, that cost maybe $2 if not less. The item I paid for was a motion ball that moves around on its own for your pet. The ball I got sent is a different size and color and does not move on its own, it is worthless. I have been in an open dispute since September. Paypal first made me file a police report over $30 and now are asking me to pay to ship the item back to china. Since this company sent out an item, paypal wont refund me. The shipping cost alone is more than the refund. So I am writing this in hopes that I save someone the trouble I am going through trying to be refunded when I clearly got scammed. You can even follow this link to see that they have done it to other people.<removed> But since they sent me something and have tracking proof paypal has sided with them. So amazing to provide tons of info and proof and still be told that you wont be getting you money back. 

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

planoguy12
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed by these a-holes too. I purchased a drone supposedly for half price at $85. I never received. When I placed a dispute with PayPal, they denied the claim because they provided a tracking number showing delivered. When I asked PayPal to provide proof the item was delivered by USPS, Fed-EX, or USPS to my door. They just kept saying they show it was delivered per the seller. PayPal are a-holes too, sense they don't want to do anything about this issue. Avoid this company and probably any Chinese website. The tracking number was also a Chinese shipping entity. So they have quite the scam going.   

Login to Me Too

Dennis696
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, PayPal appear to support these scammers, I assume because they are receiving a commission on all the fake sales...
I ordered a tent, it was delivered through my letterbox according to PayPal! Fortunately I had kept the worthless piece of plastic- Christmas decoration that was delivered!

I got the same rejection, no proof that I had returned to package I received despite proving that MoveOn was a scam,
the return address was different to the senders address,
the company name had changed to Machi information at another address!
The supplied return address had the wrong Post code for the province
Which was different to all the other addresses too!

Login to Me Too

MBM18

I'm dealing with something similar.  Why do we have to pay to return an incorrect item?  They should pre-pay label to ensure it gets back.

We lose out either way, because we could send it back, lose money on shipping and these companies will probably claim they don't get the item back anyway....

Has PAYPAL ever given a reason why the buyer has to pay for return shipping on incorrect items sent?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MBM18 

Yes in their buyer protection policy for you to read before you risk assess your transactions.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

UxbridgeAlan
Contributor
Contributor

I agree completely. Why do we have to pay to return something that was not even remotely what was ordered? In my case, I ordered a lamp for my condo in Costa Rica. It cost $38. What they sent was a cheap wooden toy worth about 15 cents. No lie. I had no idea this was what I'd ordered as I get lots of packages in the mail and never in a million years was that what I had ordered. The company name on the package was no familiar, so I put it down to some sort of a weird joke or mistake. I nearly threw it away, but I kept it to tease my wife with because she thought it was creepy. The only reason I finally found out that was my $38 "lamp" was when the Chinese scammer showed the USPS delivery confirmation. I went back and checked the tracking information and it clearly stated it was a "lightweight" delivery (and it fit into my tiny condo mailbox). It was no lamp. Maddening. PayPal should be on the side of its users, not asking us to send back these trinkets and still never to be reimbursed. It's mail fraud, and it should be investigated. PayPal is dropping the ball on this. They should also be going after Facebook where most of these scams are advertised (and then conveniently disappear).  

Login to Me Too

manningdarrell
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal won't refund your money when someone scams,it's been done to me and paypal could care less.Pay pal is now dead to me.
Login to Me Too

Sophyvan
Contributor
Contributor
I bought the portable gym from them which stated it would include multiple colored resistance bands and a mat with a few handle extensions. I received a red large rubber band... PayPal isn’t disputing it either because they had included tracking number but the band they sent me isn’t even worth a dollar.
Login to Me Too

intenselymagic
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is totally complicit in these scams. They "proved" they shipped my 26 pound printer by supplying tracking for a cheap ball and the entire package weighed .3 pounds i.e. 4 ounces. Paypal has absolutely no interest in resolving these OBVIOUS scams. Thew got their fee and that's all that matters to them.

I've filed a claim with the credit card company. Maybe someone there has a double digit IQ.

Login to Me Too

planoguy12
Contributor
Contributor

You have to ask PayPal for the tracking information from the US side showing delivery. If they can't prove it was delivered to your address then they have to refund to you. I pursued a similar situation and made PayPal proved the document showing it was actually delivered to my home. When they could not , they gave me back my money.

Login to Me Too

intenselymagic
Contributor
Contributor

They showed delivery, but apparently PPal thinks a printer weighs .3 pounds - 5 ounces. The actual weight should be 26 pounds. PayPal could care less. By their incompetence they are totally complicit in the scam. It wouldn’t take much to pursue this. I’m going through the credit card company and, hopefully, someone there is honest and has a double digit IQ, neither of which I can find at PayPal. I’m thoroughly disgusted. I’ve been with these clowns from the beginning and deserve better than a mindless blowoff. I won’t go down easy on this I intend to file a complaint with the state attorney general, the BBB and anyone else that might listen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.