SCAM

Dab710
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone look out for Machi Information Technology Co., Ltd. They are 100% scammers I was sent a small rubber ball, that cost maybe $2 if not less. The item I paid for was a motion ball that moves around on its own for your pet. The ball I got sent is a different size and color and does not move on its own, it is worthless. I have been in an open dispute since September. Paypal first made me file a police report over $30 and now are asking me to pay to ship the item back to china. Since this company sent out an item, paypal wont refund me. The shipping cost alone is more than the refund. So I am writing this in hopes that I save someone the trouble I am going through trying to be refunded when I clearly got scammed. You can even follow this link to see that they have done it to other people.<removed> But since they sent me something and have tracking proof paypal has sided with them. So amazing to provide tons of info and proof and still be told that you wont be getting you money back. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dab710 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Yours sounds like a typical Chinese website.............
Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dab710 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Yours sounds like a typical Chinese website.............
Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

planoguy12
Contributor
Contributor

*Bleep* PayPal. Clean up your damn policy and processes. You should be shutting these people down the minute you hear they are a problem. I no longer use PayPal for any purchases because of your stupid policy and lack of involvement to resolve an issue of any kind with unscrupulous sellers.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@planoguy12 

Who are you talking to?

I searched to see a reply from Paypal on this thread to see what they said and couldn't see a moderators post anywhere ????

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jaykaypee
New Community Member
Yeah, I sent out an email to the address given by the company. My order was two Yurt tents I saw advertised several times to me on Facebook. I payed $125 for one and $85 for the other.
Login to Me Too

Dennis696
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently in dispute with them over the tent.
I got a plastic projector screen!
While talking to PaPal resolution team , they said its been delivered according to Yodel and closed the case!
I checked with Yodel and according to them it had been delivered through my letterbox!
Contacted PayPal again and asked how a tent would fit through a letterbox, case reopened. Was offered a 50% refund which I refused!
No packing 'tent' into a jiffy bag to post back to them
Did notice that the return address is different to a registered address I found!
I think this will continue!!!
http://www.scamion.com/machi-information-technology-co-ltd-5f

Login to Me Too

DeborahLar

I have a similar issue. Website company was posing as US company, shipment of 2 skirts came from P.O. Box in Canada, poor quality not as described. In order to get a refund I need to return to China? Cost to ship would be 50.00 for a 35.00 charge. This is clearly a scam and should be reported. 

Login to Me Too

Gillian121
New Community Member

I’ve been scammed too. Dispute being investigated. But I’d like to provide more proof. No way of doing that .  Lots of people been scammed by same company. Be careful of everyone. Their email address is <removed>

They advertise on Facebook

Login to Me Too

Dennis696
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get it resolved?
I have returned the 'tent' (Christmas decoration) as demanded.
However a simple google search found and other address for a company with a similar name. The return address is obviously false and the postcode for that area of China is incorrect!
There are numerous websites naming Matchi as a fraudulent trader, all I have forwarded to payPal!
Hope you get your claim sorted!
Regards
Dennis

Login to Me Too

Mosky69
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed. I bought them a supposed mid-range drone that advertised at $ 80 as a great offer on various social networks and sent me a toy drone that would cost just $ 10. I claimed, I taught Paypal evidence of deception and reminded them that this user is not the first time that commits such fraud. But it didn't matter, I had to pay the cost of returning the toy and only in this way could I recover my money. Obviously, less amount paid, because I had to deduct the return costs that I paid.
In these cases, Paypal should force the seller / scammer to also assume the return costs. That way it wouldn't be so cheap to fool people.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.