SCAM Cleanyo.com

NickiTea
Contributor
Contributor

Ugh! I went on what I thought was a legit website to purchase Lysol products and got scammed! STAY AWAY from www.Cleanyos.com Has anyone been able to get there money back?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

Kellee1
My situation is the same, ordered what I thought was Lysol products and was immediately charged Not once but twice For these bogus products. Also a “tracking number” was provided and it’s status listed as “delivered and left on my porch”... 5 minutes after I placed my order. The status now says it was delivered to a PO Box. No box # was provided. I’ve disputed this twice through pay pal and my claim was declined. Obviously, the merchant never responded either.! Pay pal should notify consumers of this scam before allowing people to throw away their money. I’m out 110$ because of this.
Login to Me Too

CBRC-8

I, too, ordered from this scammer - later found alerts online, but NOT on PayPal. Disappointed that PayPal has not taken this scammer off their site. I spend just over $50 for cleaning/disinfecting products that I cannot find in stores. My first clue was that I waited for about a week or two to get a tracking number and tell me that it was on it's way or there was a delay due to whatever. When I finally got a number, I tracked it and it indicated that my goods had been delivered to my door on the same day I ordered it!  Not.  Then I tried many times to contact the email in my "receipt" info with no reply, not even to a phone number that I found.  We called our credit card company and explained. They posted a full price refund to our account and will work with us on a fraud investigation.  Thank goodness for the banks.  I made a complaint to PayPal and stated they should take this vendor off their website.  We shall see.   Good lunck to others dealing with this lowlife.

Login to Me Too

AML1025
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!  I am trying to work with with PayPal to get my money back.  Cleanyos is  clearly a scam and PayPal knows this but are protecting themselves and don't want to resolve this even though they should.  Vendor has given bogus tracking information and of course it's up to us to prove we never received the product regardless of how many people can show that https://www.cleanyos.com/ is no longer a working website and there is plenty of information online showing they are scam artists. I am working with USPS to obtain details on tracking information.    I'll let you know the outcome.

Login to Me Too

beth2020
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal wasn’t helpful to me, couldn’t seem to understand this was a scam— oh and then I received a tracking number that showed the order shipped 10 days +/- before I ordered, referencing amazon and being delivered the day after the order. They increased the amount they charged me as well. Thankfully my credit card has fraud protection. They were great. But the scam sellers got away with it. Due to the tracking numbers proving delivery to my city, I also contacted my local Postmaster Because this is a type of mail fraud. Checked the tracking and what my address was and it was not delivered (obviuosly ) to my address. Local postmaster forwarded my info on to the USPS Inspector General. Refreshing to have some businesses take matters seriously, since PayPal does not.
Login to Me Too

rhk56

The site was a fraud, I placed an order on July 9 in the afternoon, I then checked on the site that evening and came across 90 plus complaints on a complaint site that was linked to the Cleanyos website.  In addition, a USPS tracking number appeared on my account on PayPal that when I checked at USPS it showed that I received delivery of the product on July 10th, next day.  Never happened, so this website not only frauded PayPal customers, they has a way to put a tracking number in the USPS system and confirm a delivery, and next day at 1pm from an order 24 hours earlier, not likely.

Back to the fraud, I immediately called PayPAl and was told I could not cancel the order I placed, but could put a stop payment with my bank on the transaction.  I did that and my PayPal account was then in a debit balance for the cost of the  products, as PayPAl paid out the vendor.  After several phone calls over the next few months, and being told my issue was with the dispute department, Yesterday, I received a letter from a debt collection agency for the amount of the debit in my PayPal account.  So PayPal has not taken responsibility from the fraud committed thru its platform, and is telling customers tough luck.  My next letter is to the debt collection agency, and then I file a complaint on the NYS Attorney General's website.

Login to Me Too

uxia_mar
Contributor
Contributor
I went through the same thing. I thought something was suspicious when I got a confirmation not payment from a company with Chinese characters. Then, I got a USPS tracking number that said something got delivered 2hrs before I even put my order. PayPal is no use here, so I've working with my credit card. To what other agencies did you report this?
Login to Me Too

NickiTea
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted Lysol and filed a fraudulent charge with USPS. I also contacted my bank. They are looking into. I'm looking into how I take it to the next legal level. I want these **bleep** stopped! Now they have changed their website...again!! I did get a message from PayPal saying that they did notice my delivery date doesn't match up with my order date, but they can't do anything until the 24th. They have to give the "seller" time to contact them. I'm glad my 18th message to PayPal didn't go unnoticed!!
Login to Me Too

Dirtester
Contributor
Contributor
I must say, in the past, I have been burned before, and PayPal has always taken care of the problem. I learned never to purchase anything on line advertised in facebook but this time, it looked like a legitimate website. I trust that PayPal will make good.
Login to Me Too

May2015
They got me too, I kept checking back for a confirmation email but never got it. Then I noticed that my payment went to an actual person, not the company. I almost had my parents buy products, I am so glad I realized it was a scam before they did it. Sad to see people taking advantage during this pandemic.
Login to Me Too

GeorgiaMaher
Contributor
Contributor

Your payment went to a person's name, but mine went to "Beard."  Didn't know facial hair could set up its own business?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.