HELP!!!!! My account has been hacked and PayPal is no where to be found!!!!

KayC1
Contributor
Contributor

Our account has been hacked.  PayPal is not responding and meanwhile the hacker has $8000 of fraudulent bank transfers.  There is an unknown cell number and the language was changed.  

There is a credit card number that the money is being transferred to.  How can this be stopped if I can't get a hold of PayPal????

We have tried the Resolution Center and it is a BIG JOKE!!!!!  It will not allow us to report the issue because the money has been paid!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
I was a victim of fraud too someone placed an order from adidas to be sent to florida using my personal info, account and money. This nightmare ended for me. Here’s what i did. I took this “identity theft” so seriously. I reported it to FTC (easy report, just google FTC) (maybe not necessary but i also reported it to my state attorney general office and IC3 since it’s a cyber fraud) i also contacted Equifax and placed identity protection incase hacker has more personal info than im aware of. I closed my entire compromised bank account and i disputed the charge with chase, my bank. They protected me and returned my money back but paypal decided to place it as a debt in my account. After this I went to the messaging center and i typed exactly this (I’m requesting a call I need to speak to someone about the debt and fraud that happened using my account) i was very persistent after this message with my replies and asked what phone number they will be calling from. they got back to me SAME DAY I explained EVERYTHING i did and how I was the one trying to stop this fraud and they did nothing i told them about all the reports i filled and immediately i get the we will re open ur closed dispute you filed with paypal, it will take 10 business days. Not even 4HOURS go by and I received an email that they refunded the amount and debt is removed. PLEASE REPORT THIS TO FTC. Apparently they dont take this fraud seriously until you show them you will be taking legal action against it. Good luck and let me know if i can help with anything.
Login to Me Too

KayC1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your guidance.  I am sooo frustrated with PayPal.  I have tried to go through their “Report an Incident” and when I submit the report, it says that the monies has already been paid to the requester and that I should request the money back!.  Unbelievable!!   I sent them a Facebook message and I got the standard response.  

These hackers got into my account and changed the language to Spanish.  They switched the phone number and added a credit card.  Here’s the frustrating part... there are 2 pending bank transfers ($4000 to be exact) and I I tried to to stop this transfer however, PayPal says to contact the person who is making this transfer!  Seriously??

I think you are correct, I now will go to the FTC as you suggested.  I wish there was more I can do to show people that PayPal is not a great company to work with.   

Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
Have you contacted your bank?? My bank protected my money! If it was for PayPal i wouldn’t see a dime back. Also please report to the FBI just type IC3 this is considered cyber crime. You need to protect yourself in case they scam people under your name. And people like you and me will one day make paypal go out of business. Its just sad that most people dont even report these frauds to the government
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.