Return Item to get refund....

vincefarmer
Contributor
Contributor

I have a High Back Leather Recliner Racing Gaming Chair Ergonomic Office Chair Adjustable that I bought off of eBay. And I received an email from PayPal telling me to return the item before January 28, 2020. But I told eBay and I told PayPal both that once the chair is assembled there is no disassembling the chair it is impossible to disassemble. And I don't want to lose out on my refund, because it says it needs to be in the same condition as when you received it and if I try taking it apart I am going to damage the chair, I am very mechanically inclined. I have had 2 years of vocational school to be a machinist and then I joined the Navy and went to "A" School to be a Machinist Mate and different than machinist. But I was as mechanically inclined as you could possibly get in my position in the navy as a Machinist Mate 3rd class petty officer. So I do not want to damage the chair trying to take it apart, because when you first start putting the chair together after you put the seat on the rod there is no taking it back off of the rod and then when you continue on putting the chair together, you can take the arms back off of the chair, but the rest of it is not coming back apart.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vincefarmer 

What is wrong with the chair? Can't you work out some kind of solution with the seller? Partial refund? Otherwise, you may need to forfeit eBay and PayPal disputes as their terms are limited and dispute via credit card if that is how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vincefarmer
Contributor
Contributor

There is nothing wrong with the chair, after I got it fully put together I asked my Dad where is the footrest. And we checked and double and triple checked and there was no footrest and no screws for the footrest. But when you turned the chair over there was 4 **bleep** holes for the footrest. And the instructions showed that the footrest was already on the chair. So I contacted eBay and got no place with them. So I contacted PayPal, and they are offering me a refund but I have to send the chair back to the seller but like I told eBay and PayPal both once the chair is put together there is no disassembling it. You can take the arms off of the chair and you can take the back off of the chair but taking the part you sit on back off it will not come off, because once I installed the part you sit on to the pole there was no taking it back off again because I tried. So I believe if you forced it off it would damage the chair. But being it was not the chair I thought I bought and the seller has offered me a refund they should have to pay for return shipping and not me. So if they pay for the return shipping I will take it to FedEx or UPS or USPS and they can put it in a great big box and send it back to the seller. And then it will be a done deal so I am going to call PayPal and talk to them because they know it is not what I thought I was supposed to get a chair with a footrest. But disassembling it is the other thing that I can not get accomplished and the seller has already offered me a partial refund $20.00 dollars and I said you can either send me a footrest or give me $70.00 dollars back because I am going to have to buy another chair and that will cost me a little over 100 dollars like this one did. And I have until the 28th of this month to get it shipped off. So I will probably figure something out by that time because I am a very intelligent man. PayPal just happened to be closed because it was past 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time. And it came from China so the return shipping fees are going to be extremely expensive but I believe I will make the seller pay for the return shipping being it was not the chair it was supposed to be because at the top of the page showed 4 pics with a footrest, and then down at the bottom of the page it showed both chairs and the cheaper one was with the footrest. But I said being you had 4 pics at the top of the page I did not need to look anywhere else. Thanks for your help

Vince Farmer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.