Resolve Account Issue link leads nowhere, just keeps popping up

Lost_In_a_Loop
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this problem for a couple of years now: on my PayPal home page is a big red 1 over the Notifications symbol. When I click on it, a message pops up reading "There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access." But when I click on the link to resolve the issue, the popup simply refreshes and I am not taken anywhere. When I go to the Resolution center via the Help menu, it says I have 0 Open Cases.

How do I either get rid of the notice or open a new case to resolve? I have written to Customer Service via the Contact Us page three times but have received no reply. Meanwhile, I cannot use my PayPal balance to buy anything online--only my credit card is a usable option. Is there a breakdown in Customer Service, or am I going about this in the wrong way? I have been a PayPal user for 19 years and have only encountered problems and limitations recently. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

schmick
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone else that comes here looking for help with this issue, you do *not* need to call. I just called and the woman I spoke with said that this issue is not caused by a dispute or unresolved case on your account that was being worked by an agent, as indicated by the PayPal agent's accepted solution above. It is in fact caused by PayPal wanting you to complete a flow to verify your identity so that you can use your PayPal funds in different ways. If you don't complete the flow, then this notification just stays stuck in your account forever, since clicking it seems to be broken and doesn't take you to the page to complete the flow. If you want to complete the flow to make the notification go away, while logged in to PayPal, go to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/info/flow/claimfunds. However, if you don't want to complete the flow, she seemed to indicate that there wasn't anything that could be done about it (she couldn't clear it out on her end), so you'll just see the notification there annoyingly for all time presumably.

Login to Me Too

Lost_In_a_Loop
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that explanation! I will give it a try and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

schmick
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that after logging in today, a day after I completed the flow I linked, the notification is gone.

Login to Me Too

Ferris94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to access the link you provided https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/info/flow/claimfunds.

However, it leads me to this page pp error.PNG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.