Resolution Denied Now What?

Jennyb1234
New Community Member
What do I do when PayPal rules against me in a dispute? They say a valid tracking number was provided by the seller. It's like they didn't even read my complaint. The date of the shipment delivery was before the date of the purchase so there is no way the tracking number is correct. The seller didn't even included a tracking number when he marked the item as shipped. It was added later. Now what do I do?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kbdavis1010
New Community Member
I had the same thing happen and I cannot figure out how to get my money back. I figured out the site I purchased from was reported as spam and now paypal has denied my dispute.
Login to Me Too

MariaN20

I am in the boat as you two. PayPal was have some horrible people working for them if they cant simply just check our notes that say the tracking info is obviously fake in relation to our order. Yet they still close the case? Stupid stuff man. I chatted with someone about it but no help yet. I also disputed through my checking account. There is no way I am going to let this slide. I will report it to the BBB as well. 

Login to Me Too

btbeeson
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen.  I unknowingly ordered from a fake business and noticed it when the transaction completed the transaction receipt from PayPal showed my payment going to an email address in China.  I contacted PayPal to report this within a few minutes and was told they cannot stop the transaction.  I received an email from PayPal saying my package was delivered.  I checked the UPS tracking number by calling UPS and found out the their system said the package was shipped from Amazon.  UPS has some agreement with Amazon to have all disputes worked through Amazon.  I called Amazon and was told they had no record of the tracking number ever being there or gone through them.  I was told I had to call UPS.  I called UPS again and found out that UPS will not post names or addresses where packages are delivered, they will only post the city.  I also found out that the package did not have my name or mailing address on it.  It was delivered to a business in my city.  The scammer knows how to get tracking numbers.  They provided a tracking number to PayPal that was delivered to the city I live in, so when checking the tracking number is shows it was delivered to my city implying it came to me.  PayPal closed my case and I have no way of getting this new information to them.  Do not buy anything from Coverou.com it does not exist.

Login to Me Too

MariaN20

You would think a company as big as PayPal would investigate its disputes with a little more attention. Simpy looking at dates for delivery is enough to know its fake. Well I am trying the same thing with USPS. Hopefully I can at least get an email from them that shows it was delivered to a different address and confirm it wasnt delivered to my address. Another post said that is all that was needed. Dont ever buy from ydrbnews.com

Login to Me Too

mlakies
New Community Member

Same thing here, resolution denied, although tracking shows delivered to a different address in a completely different state, they take their side, this has to be some sort of scam, and I hate to say it, but I think paypal must have some employees in on the scam. Quincy Illinois is where my package wqas delivered, and I live in Traverse City Michigan. $105.90 is what I am being ripped off for.

Login to Me Too

mlakies
New Community Member

ZESTADS LIMITED is the company that got me for the $105.90

I have always felt safe for over 20 years with paypal, looks to me like they have changed, always fair in the past, all they had to do was actually look at tracking to see it was wrong, seems that all that was done was looked and it said delivered, didn't care where...

Login to Me Too

w808
New Community Member

Same thing here! I ordered some weights off an Instagram ad for $100 and the weights were never shipped. The website was closed down. The associated email was <Removed>. The seller provided a fake tracking number from <Removed>. I never received the item and now Paypal has denied my request for a refund. They state:

"We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered."

If you go to Chinapost and type in that tracking number, it doesn't even show up as a valid tracking number. This violates Paypal's own terms of buyer protections. So what to do next?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.