Report how a scam work and you will not get your refund back

Loi1024
Contributor
Contributor

I paid $28.94 USD for a portable washing machine. Then I remembered to check the reviews for the seller (should have done before). There are many people who complained about not receiving the item. Quick, i sent emails to seller saying that i wanted to cancel the order and get the money back. No reply from them at all for three of my emails. So, i open a dispute about this payment.

Now this is how they work to make me not being able to get the buyer protection from Paypal.

From Paypal, Paypal showed me the timeline of their conversation with the buyer(me) and the seller. This really help me to figure everything out.

I open dispute about the payment as soon as possible when i read about the buyer has only certain amount of days to dispute a payment and than the buyer will lose right to dispute.

For the conversation timeline, i knew that the seller didn’t reply to Paypal until they get their trick done. How.

Paypal replied me that they closed my case with not giving me the refund because the seller showed them a solid proof of delivery. How the seller did that.

I just can’t believe it how can they do this. The seller submitted a shipment tracking that the item was delivered, yet but not the thing i really ordered, but a cheap cat bowl  that doesn’t worth the amount i paid for. So, they have a solid proof of the item was delivered and wait for two weeks to reply Paypal.

To be honest, when i received the delivery of the cheap cat bowl, i was so confused because i knew i did not order it. I have been reading news that some people were delivered things that they didn’t order. And its kind of scam too. So, i just ignored it.

But when Paypal come back to me with this reply and the shipment tracking number. I checked it on royal mail. I knew there is no way i will get my order back.

I learnt my lesson and i just wish no other people falls for the same scam. I don’t even know can i report the seller here.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's clam process is mostly automated and often makes the wrong judgement as happened to me.

The outcome of my case was quickly corrected after I made contact with Paypal Support.

Twitter Direct Message worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.