Refund to Buyer

Lrh3m
Contributor
Contributor

Scam Refund to Buyer
Buyer bought something from me from Ebay. It was not returnable and he requested a refund stating it did not fit (Item had velcro strap). Ebay checked with me and refused refund. Buyer went directly to PayPal claiming product did not work. In fact I have a picture of it working before I sent it! PayPal has claimed it sent me 3 emails for my approval. I didn't receive any, not to my confirmed email or spam or in my PayPal message centre. As i didn't respond to the '3 emails' they refunded £72 from my account. I was unaware until I later went into my account. I have sent evidence that nothing has come through to me since 3 spam emails a year before. But despite phoning and emailing, PayPal say there is nothing they can do 'because they sent 3 emails'. Now I don't know why I have had no notifications what so ever but they also have other means to contact me. I don't feel they made enough effort to contact me and have been complicit in a suspicious refund. But there is no means to complain about this type of transaction. Due to this my account is vulnerable. Rather than deal with this properly I have had multiple auto responses and now its just been turned over to a debt recover company. Is there really no way to complain and be listened to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.