Purchase through Fake FitBit Website - PayPal Won't Dispute?

JENNP71
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a FitBit yesterday through a website that I thought was the actual FitBit site, (FitBit.us) and not until after I made the the purchase with PayPal, and received the receipt showing an unverified out of the US gmail account as the recipient did I realize the error. I have not received a receipt for the fitbit, or any other proof of purchase. I immediately filed a dsipute with PayPal, however they are claiming it is not worthy. I emailed the gmail account, but have not received any response. What can I do??

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

TERI54
Contributor
Contributor
I also purchased something from a website that I also thought was legit..paid for it a month ago and when I went to track the item the website does no longer exist..I filed a claim sent PayPal everything..wrote the seller but noticed it's out of state and my claim was denied and I don't know why..I'm so angry..so i fill your You're fust ration I don't know what else to do you can't call them because they don't answer.. But my understanding pay pal would issue a refund but they will not ..
Login to Me Too

JENNP71
Contributor
Contributor

I always use PayPal because I always thought they would have my back with bogus stuff. Isn't that the point of using them? The "seller" is unverified, out of the country and not responding to my emails. I have not received any contact from them, not a receipt, proof of purchase, no contact at all. I cannot even get someone from PayPal on the phone, and the chat gets me no where. The funds have already been pulled from my bank, which is super quick for PayPal - and very suspect. I did JUST call Capital One 360 - and they are going to dispute it for me. One thing I can say, I love my bank! I am sorry you had issues with a purchase too. Scary to think I fell for this, ugh

Login to Me Too

ayagner
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue!

Login to Me Too

kben1
Contributor
Contributor
I was caught up in same scam. PayPal denied my refund. The seller issued a fake ups tracking number. When I tried to dispute it with UPS it doesn’t list senders info to file a proper dispute. This is a total sham and shame on PayPal for ignoring it.
Login to Me Too

JENNP71
Contributor
Contributor

A friend of mine was just telling me the same thing happened to him with the tracking number scam that happened you. PayPal denied his dispute as well even though the seller has tons of people on this sellers account claiming the same thing happened. Scary thing with my situation is that the same day my bank got my money back, the seller must have tried to take the money back as I had an attempt by PayPal to pull the money back out of my bank account. Now Capital One has locked my account to PayPal and they(PayPal) says I have to verify my bank accounts now... which I don't want to do out of fear they will try and take the money back. I would like to delete the account with them all together actually, as after this I am not planning on using them at all.

Login to Me Too

Redrose50jh
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me. Paypal does not stand by customer in fraud cases. As long as the fraudulent company provides a bogus UPS tracking. Paypal sides with the frauder because Paypal makes their money! Why use Paypal at all!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tina21701
New Community Member

The seller gave PayPal a phony UPS tracking number that says it was delivered, and PayPal used that as proof I received the item.  PayPal is being defrauded by their seller and passing it on to us.  The only reason I use PP is to have protection against fraud.  If they just take the seller's word, they're not giving any protection at all.  I keep a pretty close eye on my finances and still I have had my credit cards hacked a few times and they have ALWAYS protected me against fraud.  

Login to Me Too

AxeM
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me. I quickly realized this was a scam immediately after trying to back out of the purchase on the site (Fitbit.us) I went to my bank, but they are saying I have to resolve it with the seller (and I emailed the seller immediately, no response), PayPal is not honoring their purchase protection. I have gone round in circles with UPS - the tracking number says it was delivered 'released by driver' which means nothing, and the package weighed 6 lbs (not possible for a fitbit). This is all vapor product because it doesn't exist. Paypal said I needed an intranet form from UPS - they don't even know what that is. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.