New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
We have dealt with a number of Chinese companies, and get no communication, no replies, and no explanations.
We tried to dispute with PayPal, but PayPal was completely AWOL. Even in the face of no product and no communications, PayPal refuses to intervene or to protect the buyer.
PayPal is quickly becoming unreliable. They send your money, take their cut, but you get no representation when it goes south when working with a Chinese seller.
Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
However lots of folks do get refunds by pursuing a paypal claim BUT you have to do it properly.
For instance do NOT open a dispute for non receipt of item if you have received something as the seller would win if they could provide tracking. You should open one for item received but not as described ie wrong item and then you should get a refund on return of the item to the seller.
Make sure you have escalated to a claim.
Make sure you have activated the 'return shipping on us' link if available in your countries.
And post back if you want advice on how to appeal etc.
All good advice, but we did all of the above and still got nowhere. An additional problem is that PayPal does not allow for chat, in person or on line, nor do they provide an email or even a physical address you can send mail to.
They are faceless and you are voiceless if you disagree with their decisions.
I use Paypal until I can find an alternative that actually listens to their customers and allows for person to person communications.