Pro seller

Fourthebunch
New Community Member

Refund for wrong item but only if I PAY to return to China. Was wrong item purposely shipped? Cost to send is as much or more than actual item price. Don't buy from [ New IKEA Co., LTD] Can't even go onto their so called website. How is that dispute resolution in my favor? Maybe paypal should be more selective of their sellers. Very UNSATISFIED. Reluctant on future purchases.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Ems2714
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm in the same boat at the moment. I screenshot the Chinese address and printed it out, but the post office couldn't process it. I have heard other people say that the seller won't receive the item - tracking will show that delivery attempt was made but nobody available, but PayPal still refunded the postage. At the moment I am waiting for PayPal to respond to my message about the return address, but I'm tempted to just give up and try contacting my bank instead.
Login to Me Too

jgmfi
New Community Member
I ordered two of the car umbrella window shades advertised on Facebook and received two cheap winter windshield covers worth maybe $4.00. I have tried every email address I can find with no reply. Now I’m having emails returned as not existing. After reading these posts I won’t waste my time with dispute with Pay Pal. I thought the concept of Pay Pal was to protect the consumer.....guess not! $30 plus $’s for a lesson learned!
Login to Me Too

aatli
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
its a scam, and don't know what PayPal is doing. open the case , return the item then wait . its **bleep** . PayPal is making buyers fool now, don't they read all the messages are against that seller and still no solution, shame on PayPal doing that to the buyers in this situation. wake up PayPal open your eyes.
Spoiler

Login to Me Too

Ems2714
Contributor
Contributor
Yes me too. I've been asked to return the item for a full refund, and then apparently if I send it tracked then it can claim back the postage from PayPal. However, the return address is written in Chinese and the post office aren't able to process it unless it's written in English. I have messaged PayPal to ask what to do next and and still waiting for a response. I have joined a group on Facebook who have all been scammed by the same company. Others on there have successfully managed to get a full refund, plus refund for their postage. Others on there have said that if you don't have any luck with PayPal then contact your Bank and they should get your money back. I am not impressed with PayPal (that's an understatement!!!) can't believe how rubbish they have been 😞
Login to Me Too

Winymse
Contributor
Contributor

What is the Facebook group please? PayPal is giving me the run around and wants me to send the item back, that will cost me 70 dollars and then they will refund me up to 30!? Why would I pay more to ship the item back, when it isn’t even what I ordered. I am so annoyed, trusted PayPal.. but I guess now I know they don’t care about the buyer. On top of it PayPal keeps lying to me about this whole thing. I guess I lost my $40 dollars

Login to Me Too

Philo69
Contributor
Contributor

The numbers on this seller issue are rising daily.

The scammer uses exactly the same M.O on all transactions. Their reply email changes regularly, so that you can't contact them directly. The $$$ amounts are enough to be a nuisance, but not so much that victims will pursue the matter. So, an endless stream of income for them if it goes unchecked.

When will Paypal finally take action by warning potential buyers and and stop facilitating this obvious scam?

Does anyone within Paypal (and with any authority to take action) even read these forums?

If not, what's the point of providing this "community" forum if Paypal doesn't take any positive action?

Login to Me Too

Winymse
Contributor
Contributor

Well Fraud Pal did it today! They closed my case and ruled in the scammers favor. Even though my case said they were still reviewing it, after I had issues with the shipping address that had been given to me for China. No one around here could really send items back due to covid and those places that would, will it was about $60-100 dollars and when I only paid $40 for the item, really? But Fraud pal thinks this is okay! So glad they are supporting the scammers of the world, more than their buyers who have been with them for years. Really disappointed and will never trust PP ever again. Others be warned before you think you can order and get your money back if something isn't right! I am looking into closing my account now, think I have better rights with my credit card directly than PP any more, sure PP doesn't care! 

Login to Me Too

aatli
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is fraud, its scam they can read in this forum but not doing anything. Can't they see how many complaints are there against this seller and still don't understand, its really annoying , and taking our money with this scam, shame on the paypal system.
Login to Me Too

Tamgav
Contributor
Contributor
Me too Wrong product Say refund 20% and no bad feedback Now I see that there are many other PayPal should have blocked they and should now The fact they say covid19 means less staff is diabolical as there are so many more online shoppers Come on PayPal
Login to Me Too

PamelaK1945
Contributor
Contributor
I had this very same problem. Now I will only buy from stores that I know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.