Permanently limited and holding my unemployment payment

Clindley18
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account so I could have my unemployment payment direct deposited instead of having the debit card sent to me. After I received my payment, I couldn't transfer to my prepaid card so I transferred some money to my best friends account so she could transfer it to her bank and then give it to me. Immediately after I sent her the money I get a message saying my account is limited due to an account change and they want me to upload a few things. So I see what they want me to upload and it says that the money I received was received because someone bought something from me and they want proof of order fulfillment and receipts from when I bought the items that I sold to get that money. But I didn't make any sale and I told them I got that for back payment for my PUA payment. I got a letter this morning saying to upload the letter I received from PUA. I then get another email after I read the first email stating that PayPal doesn't want to do business with me and that they are going to hold my Unemployment payment for a 160 days and then they'll make a decision of what will happen with my money. This is not legal. They can't hold my funds. I haven't done anything wrong. They have to give me my money. I can't even get anyone on the phone because they said that the customer service is closed due to COVID. This is complete crap and PayPal is a bunch of criminals!!!!

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

Sadnoutioy
Contributor
Contributor
I have family and close friends in the legal field that if I have to they are willing to go to bat for me I would see in the state’s unemployment office can stop that payment and reissue it. Did you you the ceo of PayPal makes a billion dollars a year u know one mistake I made was being an **bleep** to the PayPal peoples all of them but it’s not their fault it’s PayPal and their selfish
Login to Me Too

Tatalove
Contributor
Contributor
Explain
Login to Me Too

KeyshawnAaron
Contributor
Contributor
Help me please
Login to Me Too

Tat2boss88
Marianne. What legal message are you referring too? I am a single dad of 2 girls trying to survive on 124.00 a week unemployment and now it's Xmas and PayPal locked my account but can't seem to provide a reason why.
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Here I am on Christmas Eve and after reading all of this I just know they're going to freeze my 14k unemployment payment which was sent 3 days ago. This is going to make Christmas tough
Login to Me Too

andreakay40
Contributor
Contributor
Can you please help me so I can tell my friend what she needs to do because they are holding her PUA from unemployment for 180 days and she is struggling just like many others right now. I had loaned my friend money knowing she was gonna be able to pay me back because she was about to get her PUA backpay and then when it got deposited in her PayPal account they put permanent limitations on her account and she can't do anything with her PayPal account but see there is 9700.00 in there. Please of you don't mind can you help me and my friend to maybe get her money.
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Unemployment has sent me 14k, but my kids and I are about to be evicted for new years. Thanks paypal
Login to Me Too

Mistercriill
Contributor
Contributor
Help. Who do i email. Im desperate for this money.
Login to Me Too

LatoyaVFarq

can you help me as well?

Login to Me Too

Kassieg717
Contributor
Contributor
Can u please explain what to send and where to send it???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.