Paypal seem unable to resolve a limitation on my account

lovingslate
Contributor
Contributor

A few weeks ago my income to PayPal exceeded £2k and a limitation requiring me to submit more information was applied to my account. I do understand this is a legal requirement and was happy to comply.  I was unable to update the information required on line due to "technical difficulties" so I made the first of many call to the service desk.  I was sent paperwork to complete and upload - which I did!  I was asked to complete and return a letter of authorisation - which I did!  And I was asked provide photo id for myself and the other director of the company - which I did!  I am now caught in an eternal loop !!!  I call the service desk who tell me that I've provided everything needed and they will contact the back office team who are the only ones that can resolve limitations to ask them to review asap!  The back office team then reviews and asks me to submit information I've already provided!  This has happened 3 time now!  Today I can't even get through to the service desk either by phone or chat!  Does anyone have any advice for me?  Being Christmas we have made lots of sales but we're unable to access any of the funds locked up in Paypal. I'm getting soooo frustrated!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lovingslate 

Dreadful customer service isn't it.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You may get an agent with a brain cell if you are lucky.
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lovingslate
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. I've now messaged via Paypal. Also waiting from a reply on a web chat and still trying to call. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.