Paypal limited my account for no reason for "suspicious activity"

StaiculesRobert
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, paypal limited my account from no reason and now they are asking for documents. I've sent them my national ID and blurred the photos of people(me) and some other info so they only had the info that they needed from me(the information on the ID corresponding with the information on my paypal account. I've waited for 2 days just for them to tell me I've sent the "wrong document". Am I going to get my money back or even my account or is it forever lost since they don't seem to want and help me? Also what can I do? I'm desperate.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StaiculesRobert 

You can't blur or obscure the documents you send to PayPal. They think that's fishy on your part so they say its "suspicious activity" or can't read your documents and no longer want to provide services to you. Were you told you had to wait 180 days to withdraw and that you can no longer use PayPal? Because that does mean indefinitely. Any new account you try to open will be linked and eventually limited, too.

What did PayPal say exactly was wrong about the document? 

I can't say that PayPal limit your account for no reason. They have to verify identities of their customers to comply with federal laws.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

StaiculesRobert
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I've found out that they don't need my ID, they need either a passport or a driver's license of mine, and I have NEITHER. What should I do now? They are asking for documents I don't posses and have my money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi StaiculesRobert, 

If you have been requested to provide photo ID and you do not have a driver's license of passport then we can accept of a copy of your birth certificate along with a government issued document. 

I hope this answers your question, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.