Paypal is Fraud: allowing wrong item being shipped from china scam

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

AIKPRO.LIMITED : <removed> Guangdong Province, China -1 Hong Kong SAR China

1) item [folding picnic table] advertised on Facebook (cool product, good price)

2) I pay 17 item + 9 shipping via PayPal $26

3) shipment arrives and it is a cheap watch!

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Then i see many posts with similar fraud & paypal is not doing anything about it.

Paypal is allowing this scam to happen... buyer protection is a lie.!

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

cabaefmo
Contributor
Contributor
My tracking showed my label created in Compton,CA. Then i received something other than my order. The shipper will refund but needs me to send back to China to evaluate the will pay my refund. The address they gave me is all I Chinese writing. How am I going to send back when the address is all I Chinese letting. Totally ridiculous. They took my money and sent me a piece of plastic. This is a scam, these vendors are using PayPal to take our money. With all the same issues from us consumers have posted here, you would think PayPal would look into this scam job. I’m just so disappointed in PayPal.
Login to Me Too

ggriffithmd

thos just happened to me also they gove chinese address you can not ship back to a non english address and paypal will not refund

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the scammers evolved.. once they say few of these refunds go through.

Can you use google translate/some app to convert the language & use the address ?

Login to Me Too

temp20201217h
Contributor
Contributor

Crazy thing, Paypal did a translate and sent the English address to me, no postal service recognises it as real! I sent item to the actual address it was sent from in Australia, but paypal have denied my case, so I've lost my money and even the dodgy item now!

Login to Me Too

udaykiran108
Contributor
Contributor

Did you let PayPal know that this is not a real address and shipping companies don't recognize it ?

If they can't help, then all legal ways of approaching this case with PayPal are exhausted.

Other way to get back at the seller/scammer is create a label with that address online & get a receipt.

Make enough changes to have the shipper accept the shipment.

Even better is create a fake label/receipt.

Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor
we took the original address and copy/paste into Googlemaps, then was able to get the most likely address.amazingly, I got confirmationof tracking that it got there lol
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.