Paypal denied my unauthorized transaction claim for a scam transaction

lrg609
New Community Member

Just yesterday I saw a payment was made to Kinguin.net, for a gift card of some sort. I immediately opened a dispute with paypal (after a few hours) and today my case was closed with no further explanation. 

Seller information

<removed>

I did a quick google check and apparently some other people have the same problem as me: <removed>

If it's the fund taken from my card linked with paypal, I'd do a chargeback right away, but this is the paypal balance I forgot to transfer to my bank so I am afraid there is nothing else I could do.

Anyone can point me to the right direction to resolve this case? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Going-In-Circle
New Community Member

I've had issues with clear proof that a seller was fraudulent or some other issue that I can't recall and PayPal side with the seller,.  I could reach a human being to help me and the amount of time wasted trying to navigate a poorly developed site that has little intention on providing customer service unless it is affecting potential revenue for them.  I am being put out with their lack of concern and I wish all the best in getting your money back.  

It is unfortunate that they take so dang long in addressing clear cut instance where it is obvious that we have been scammed have to wait so long to get a response.  How much money in interest must these scammers make having so many people money in their account earring interest while a decision is made... a few thousand people isn't a lot but if one considers how much that adds up to globally,. what a racket.  Credit cards instantly put funds back and THEN investigate the dispute.  Why even use PayPal? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.