Paypal claim denied due to "did not provide the tracking details we requested."

Likeomg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

Bit lost with this one, will give as much info as possible..

Purchased a item in Italy, shipped via UPS but the item arrived damaged, opened a claim with UPS the day it arrived and they sent a gentleman to pick it up, (I have a collection receipt I submitted to Paypal) the tracking number remained the same - UPS also stated they'd discovered the package was damaged in transit? not sure why it wasn't just returned immediately than being delivered to me first? 

This was January 11th. 

Fast forward - I have been in discussion with UPS with over 40 emails, but they are still 'waiting on the seller to providePlease accept my sincere apology but we are also waiting for the paperwork from the shipper.
Once we receive the paperwork, we will do the necessary as soon as possible.'

This has been ongoing since January, with my last communication to UPS 8 days ago stating still waiting for paperwork

Hence opening a PayPal claim, I submitted the original tracking details which shows the package as "in transit" with the collection receipt and multiple emails from UPS.

Paypal have claimed "We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested."

If somebody from PayPal had just actually read my claim they'd see the item is "in transit" back to Italy -via THE ORIGINAL tracking number, this is also verified via the collection receipt submitted. The hold up is the seller / vender not submitting the paperwork needed for UPS to return it so I'm left now with a denied claim and the goods somewhere in a UPS warehouse waiting for paperwork I believe will never arrive. 

I also put these details in a conversation with PayPal but the conversation was just ended without a reply....

do I have a course of action or is this what PayPal has now become? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Likeomg 

Disputes are allowed through PayPal if the item is not delivered at all, or if the item is received but is significantly not as it was described. If the item was delivered to your address, the seller's tracking would show successful delivery. What happens to the package after that delivery is typically not tracked by a shipping company. In a situation of a significantly not as described item, the buyer is typically instructed to ship the item back with their own tracking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Likeomg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

as per UPS - I filed a claim and they immediately (next day after delivery to me) picked the item up stating they needed all original packaging, gave me a damage claim pickup receipt - (I submitted this to PayPal as evidence) 

Initial delivery to me was 11th January

The package has been at a UPS holding facility since January 13th, 

this was the last email I received from UPS, 11 days ago.

"Hi Liam,

Good day and thank you for your e-mail.

I'm sorry for any confusion. What I mean for the company is the shipper. Please accept my sincere apology but we are also waiting for the paperwork from the shipper.

Once we receive the paperwork, we will do the necessary as soon as possible."

The seller who won't reply to me anymore hasn't filled out the correct return information with UPS so they are unable to return the damaged item, UPS won't even return the damaged item to me to try and fix it has to go to the seller - but I've already waited 10 weeks and still nothing...

Hence I created a PayPal claim hoping they would see sense and either refund me or push the seller to fill out the correct return paperwork and accept the damaged item back. 

Login to Me Too

Likeomg
Contributor
Contributor

Again:

January 11th.

Item arrived damaged, informed seller and contacted UPS

UPS advised the item was discovered damaged in transit and advised it would be returned to seller

12th January

Item (and all original packaging) picked up via UPS, left me with a damage claim receipt - informed me the item would be returned using its original tracking number.

Now the 10 week wait has begun, the tracking info for the item shows 'in transit' due to the fact the seller hasn't filled out the return paperwork with UPS to have the item returned, I ask UPS frequently for a update and after about 8 days they inform me they are still waiting for the paperwork to be completed on sellers side.

Hence opening a PayPal claim with all this information - pictures of the collection receipt, screen shots of emails from UPS (including the tracking number) 

It seems like you can send damaged goods, when the buyer returns just not fill out the return paperwork with UPS and PayPal will defend you... 

Login to Me Too

Likeomg
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update - 4 months now of seller not providing UPS with claims documents for damaged items to be returned.

Paypal seem to side completely with the seller.

Obvious thing going here, sell damaged goods, seller refuses to accept them back keeps the money and UPS / PayPal do nothing about it. 

Tracking number still indicates 'in transit' - back to seller who won't submit paperwork. 

Below latest email from UPS

Hi Liam, 

Thanks for your response and I am replying on behalf of my colleague. 

I understand your concern, however we've already provided the shipper the claims documents that we need back. I'm afraid, we really need to wait for those documents for the next step. 

Kind Regards,

June L.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.