Paypal case denied?

kostas121
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i had an issue with an ebay return,i paid a buyer the amount to return an item ,yet he didnt do so,i have opened a case in paypal to receive this money back yet paypal denies my claim?

" because this purchase is not covered under the terms of PayPal Buyer Protection."

Why? it is like a paid for an item to come back to me why this isnt covered by paypal protection?

Anyone can help? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kostas121
Contributor
Contributor

No one can help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @kostas121,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that your case was denied. That is understandably frustrating. Can you confirm how you sent the payment? Did you send a payment using the "friends and family" payment type or the "goods and services" payment type? 

Did you file an "item not received" claim? If so, what did you write in your original statement when filing your dispute? Perhaps the agent reviewing your case did not have sufficient evidence to support your claim. Did you include the original transaction from the buyer and what they purchased and their request to return it for a refund? 

Your best bet may be to contact PayPal customer service directly for further assistance. You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

kostas121
Contributor
Contributor

no this was not a friendly payment it was  a ''goods and services" payment type.

I have wrote that the goods werent sent at all back ,so the case should have closed to my favor,paypal havent checked at all if the goods were shipped.

i have contacted paypal again and they have appealed the case for me,now im waiting for the results thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Great, @kostas121. That's good news. Thanks for the follow-up. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.