PayPal saying restricted account - holding MY money !! very angry customer

lily_rome
New Community Member

Opened an account under 18 - without having to enter any details, other than my name, then once I received a payment for an item I sold on Depop, was told my account had limitations. I go to resolve them, and what do you know, I have to enter my birthdate, but be over 18. Obviously I can't do this, as that would be lying, but I have called and explained the situation to Paypal many times (3 in fact) and all three times I have not been helped. I am very annoyed as Paypal are simply holding my money and earning interest off it. This company is so dodgy I would not recommend at all, unless you want your money stolen. It's time to improve Paypal, I think some serious legal action needs to be undertaken because many teenagers, like myself, are opening accounts without having to enter identity and only once we PUT OR RECEIVE MONEY do we have to identify, then we realise we can't and lost the money we work hard for, and is important us. sincerely, one extremely angry customer 😞 !!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.