PayPal not reading my messages!

Grammy4life
New Community Member

Has anyone else had any problems with PayPal not reading your responses? I purchased a costume for our dog back in October and I received a sweater not comparable to the costume and its too small for our dog. The company in China says its a nice product and I should keep it! They finally agreed for me to return it for a full refund but they are sending me an address that is in Chinese and the Post Office nor UPS will not ship it because the address has to be in english and the cost is more than the product is worth, why should I have to pay to ship it back when I already paid shipping when I purchased the item. I have sent this matter to PayPal and they keep responding the same way as if they didn't read my response. They do not have my back whatsoever in this matter. I have also sent emails with no responses. They keep telling me to return this item back to the seller but the seller keeps sending the response in Chinese! I will not give up on this matter if I have to escalate it to the BBB in our state! Thank you for listening! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grammy4life 

Sorry, you'll have to return it for a refund. That is how PayPal resolves Significantly Not As Described claims. PayPal's view is not, "oh, its the seller's fault" so, the buyer don't have to return item back. No. They just undo the transaction instead. Return for a refund. Do you buy something from a store and go and ask for your money back without returning item? No. Even if you don't, that's up to the merchant to decide and offer to you.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If not, donate the item to animal shelter, charity or gift it, if it ain't worth it for you to ship it back.

Personally, I have shipped to Japan with Japanese language address before, as long as the country is in English, they will accept it (when shipment is in its destination, the post office there can read their native language) and your return address is there in English.

But here's what USPS has to say about this:

"You can use a foreign language address in the address section if the names of the city, province, and country are in English".

Google the chinese city province to get the English translation. Use the chinese language address on the PayPal label and make another address label that has the city and province and country in English.

Think outside the box. If the seller responds in chinese, google translate it. C'mon now people!

In the future, please do research on the merchant/site before buying, or stick to shops you know and trust to deliver as advertised. It will avoid these headaches.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.