PayPal dispute is completely BS?

Ezz22
Contributor
Contributor

So, after the buer lost the dispute he then opened a chargeback using his CC. After 2 months waiting, PayPal asked me once again to provided proofs of delivery which I did prove it and 1 hour later, the buyer wins the case for this reason " We didn't receive shipping or proof of delivery information." and -$10. What kind of BS is this? I provided 100% informations while the buyer doesn't even bother to reply on dispute case (before getting on chargeback). 

This is BS and the buyer already received their stuffs, and I'm now -$100 for nothing.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezz22 

Did you provide trackable proof of delivery to the buyers paypal registered address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ezz22
Contributor
Contributor

No, since the item doesn't required a trackable delivery. The buyer also keep changing the topic from Unauth. Payment to Not as described and then finally he changed to not received.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezz22 

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card if they funded their paypal payment that way.

The card company make all the decisions on behalf of their client and all paypal can do is pass on any information from you on your behalf.

If you lose the dispute then you also pay the card companies processing fee.

However normally you would be reimbursed by paypal under their seller protection scheme BUT you would have lost that protection if you couldn't provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ezz22
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer lost the disputed before he's making a chargeback against me and this is why I called this system is BS. I've contact paypal before about this and I told them this is false dispute (not as described) since all informations was already received by PayPal including the proofs of delivery that I shows them via screenshot. PayPal then closed the case and decided the favor to me " If an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described. "

The buyer then opened a chargeback against me and this is started getting so random, the buyer keep changing from Defective/Not as described to Unauthorized Payment to Not Received. He keeps changing the title, I don't know why. As I'm tired of waiting for the same questions over and over again, I writes over 250 words, including screenshot of the item, proofs, and our conversation and boom, buyer wins the case.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezz22 

As i said a chargeback is nothing to do with paypal, it is decided by the buyers credit card company.

They found in their clients favour so you lost, their reasoning on if an item was misdescribed or not does not have to match paypals criteria on what they think constitutes misdescribed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.