PayPal Resolution Dispute UK Return

John214214
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. PLEASE, can someone advise on the factual position with PayPal. My wife has bought an item £55 from a website, detailing a UK Ltd Company, with a London address and telephone number. The item arrived with a UK postage printed label detailing a UK return address (different to the website address) and a customs declaration label. The item is significantly not as described. My wife sent a message to the contact email address - the day after delivery, and three more messages with no reply - other than auto email with designated reference number. She was asking to return the item, seeking a return label to obtain refund. I stepped in and discovered the UK company address is a virtual address - used by many companies and no doubt individuals, and that the registered director is Moroccan living in Morocco. I advised to instigate PayPal claim and to escalate immediately, with a full detail to PayPal of the situation. The company sent a direct email to my wife asking for the item to be returned to China - at her cost £20. Then through PayPal the company offered £30 refund which was refused. Now PayPal has detailed the company has offered a full refund and the item must be returned to Morocco - at her cost £25. She has contacted PayPal via messaging, who referred her to the £15 refund postage scheme - but it qualifies in the terms and conditions on PayPal that it doesn't cover claims already made/started. PayPal are also not directly answering the query that the UK company should pay postage anyway but more importantly about it being a UK company - covered by Consumer Protection Act and other legislation. However, PayPal has stated that they can't make a refund for more than was paid £55, and not till item returned to seller. SO SO SO, my query is, what is the standing WITH PAYPAL if the item is returned to the UK return address as detailed on the package, with proof of delivery, in respect of paying the refund. The item has been returned to the UK seller as per the package, sneding it the the registered office when I know its an accomodation address seems stupid. I CAN'T find anywhere in the PayPal rules and regulations regarding the seller return address. I now have all the information for reporting to Trading Standards, including PayPal - who I consider to be breaking UK legislation in asking my wife to return an item to Morocco when purchased from a UK registered Ltd company. ALSO, can anyone advise as to a possible Chargeback on my wifes bank account agaisnst PayPal if they refuse to pay out. THANK YOU for your time reading and really hope someone can offer actual information on where I go from here. StaySafe John214214

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted my bank just to see how I stood if PayPal wouldn't help but they said I still had to return the item and all communication had to be printed off and sent to them. I don't have a printer so that was a pain. PayPal have taken up my claim. I have returned the package and waiting for the outcome. Hopefully a full refund
Login to Me Too

RussF65
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this, I am in exactly the same position.

Item sent by UK company, but I am expected to pay to return it to China.

Its obviously a game played by many companies to suck you to buy as it appears to come from UK, but then make things as difficult as possible to return an item for a refund.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.