PayPal Holding Funds

jaemz
Contributor
Contributor

I've spent the last week fighting with PayPal to remove limitations on my account from a laptop sale I had made on Swappa. After multiple documentation requests and hours spent in chat support getting absolutely nowhere, 1 person out of the 6 I spoke to was able to help me process the paperwork (literally read a single word I was saying) and removed the limitations from my account.

I go to transfer, and PayPal says they cannot transfer my money and demands a 72 hour hold. What is the purpose of this? You spent 4+ days "investigating" my entire life and everything about this sale. What is the explanation of this hold past wanting to steal my money and keep the interest?

Is this a late April Fool's joke? 

They shut down their phone lines which makes 100% no sense, and anybody on their chat support doesn't have a single clue what they're talking about. If only there were some sort of... voice over internet protocol... that PayPal could use. Maybe you guys could patent it and call it VoIP?

You hop on here hoping to speak to someone that actually cares, but then you get condescending and idiotic replies like "PayPal likes slow and steady growth". Bro, I'm trying to pay my rent and put food in my mouth. I don't give a damn what PayPal "likes", I'm just trying to get the money that is rightfully mine that you thieves want to keep interest free for as long as possible. 

Me, like almost everybody else on this god forsaken platform, has been furloughed/laid off. Naturally, most of us are selling things at a loss. It's not "crazy" that we're trying to sell things and get funds within the same day. My land lord wants to know why my rent is late. Should I tell him PayPal likes a slow and gradual growth and the fact that I need my money immediately to pay rent is a cause for concern? 

Being a payment processor doesn't make you god. You thieves just like to think as much. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

_yukon_
Contributor
Contributor

Complain to your country's government financial regulator/s who oversee how international companies like Paypal are allowed to trade within your country. No communication and no service is not acceptable, particularly if funds are being held.

Closed phone lines and no responses to emails, with many locked accounts around the world. Delay times are understandable at this time, but not a complete lack of communication and service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.