Ordering from Showsfox.com - Scam?

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered a couple of items after about 20 days they are still sitting there unshipped.  I feel like I may have gotten scammed.  Teach me a lesson from ordering from a site on facebook.   Anyone else ordered from showsfox.com?  Got the item?   DJI drone for 39.00 seems to good to be true..

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

DanBas85
Contributor
Contributor
Luckily i was very adamant about the scam and explaining it i them multiple times... also giving them the link to this community forum just to prove it is a scam. They refunded me and said that there in now a claim against the company as being fraudulant and may have their paypal account suspended. If that is so... they may have opened a new account. Just keep reporting the site...
Login to Me Too

LindseyV

I ordered the Mavic drone as well. My package arrived today. But it wasn't a DJI drone at all. And i ordered 2. This is what i received. No camera came with it. No charging cable, The landing gear are broke. And I ordered 2 Mavic units and only received 1 of these pieces of junk.IMG_20180807_143751[1].jpgIMG_20180807_143808[1].jpg

Login to Me Too

Alabamiji
Contributor
Contributor
I love paypal I put in a claim yesterday and they got my money back the same day. Good looking out paypal. This company is a scam and I think paypal should not let people buy anything from this company without a warning.
Login to Me Too

alex26i
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered this because they used PayPal.  I set the end date to 30 days.  I thought to myself. Ok if it is a scam, why?  It is PayPal. So I guess they must have figured that they would get to keep some of it.  30 days hit, I filed resolution. Less than one hour they refunded my money.  So as normal PayPal was standard insurance. 

Login to Me Too

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

So I received the cheap toy as the others the ky whatever toy drone.  I started the dispute process but was told by paypal to first to settle it with the company.  Now I know by now paypal knows this is a scam so I don't understand why they just don't pull the money back.  I got that same song in dance about sending it back to china address for a "refund". I don't feel as if I need to pay to ship something to them, also hearing from others i heard that it will not be delivered due to a invalid address?  I refused the offer and told them to refund me and I will ship this toy to wherever they would like me to ship it.  I have yet to get a response back from them on that.  The same time I ordered the drone I also ordered a smart watch to which it was never delivered.  I think they have this scam all worked out to prolong getting a refund.  From the slow shipping to drawn out refund process along with a address you can't get it delivered to.   I'm not sure how to handle it yet.  Ship back and then i get a refund?    What happens if it does not get delivered do i not get a refund if they stated it never made it.  A quick google search of the address i'm unable to find a company with that address.  

Login to Me Too

Alabamiji
Contributor
Contributor
This company taught me a lesson I should have known.. If it's to good to be true then it is.. Nothing is free, and there's a sucker born everyday.. They suckered me because I wanted a drone so badly. Even referb cost $799. So what made me think? LOL... PayPal got my money back the same day I put in the claim bigups to them.
Login to Me Too

DanBas85
Contributor
Contributor

This is **bleep**, i put my claim in and they asked the seller for tracking info... they seller provided tracking info much later meaning they shipped it out WAY after i had already personally contacted the company about why the tracking has not worked for weeks...  then paypal wants me to wait and wait ans wait, then i get this bs delivery... i refused the delivery by taking it to the post office across the street... saying it was part of a scam. Now i wont get a refund until the seller gets it back? how the hell did everyone else AFTER me have a better experience with paypal? why do i seem to get the a-holes that seem to protect the company and not the customer?

Login to Me Too

360mike
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going thru the same problem.  I ordered two items the drone and smart watch.   Received the toy drone and Paypal is asking me to work with the company for refund.   They want me to ship it back to some fake address (google searching can't find company at that address) So if item is never received I never get refund?  I don't know how others are getting such quick refunds.  For the smartwatch that was not received and since i know that will be a scam too.  I started the dispute.  Well paypal is asking for tracking info Even i stated this company is just a scam!  so two orders two scams yet still no refund. 

so far paypal has not came thru for me..  

Login to Me Too

TheBobb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Mavic Air drone from this website back in July.  A package arrived yesterday but it wasn't the Mavic Air drone.  It was a model called a "Xin Kai Yang," which is obviously not a Mavic Air drone.  I emailed the address at their website, but I don't expect to hear back from anyone.  Thus, I'm a bit chagrined to say that I've been had.  And I suspect other people are, too.  Lesson learned: be really skeptical of adverts you see on Instagram or Facebook.  Some of them are too good to be true. 

Login to Me Too

baconbuttie

Same here, ordered the drone 30 days ago, no confirmation of dispatch, unable to get any answers from their live chat or customer service email. Just opened a claim via PayPal. Should have known better than ordering from a facebook add.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.