Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Suki79
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks to you, I managed to get a refund before shipping (a little surprised tbh) a lucky escape. They are trying to sell items of pictures nicked from Etsy that actually cost just under £400. Facebook and instagram are allowing this too. It’s awful.
Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
At least it has helped prevent someone from being scammed. I still dont know what is happening with my case. It was supposed to have been closed by paypal on the 22nd of June, but they are still 'reviewing' it. I'm still not very hopeful about getting my money back though. I will let everyone know when I get an answer from paypal.
Login to Me Too

DougieD
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem, they sent me a 4 inch Dobby doll when in reality they advertised a much larger doll, and they have offered me $4.00 refund which I have refused. they need stopping 

Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

I have this morning been offered $4 refund which I have refused. Waiting to see what happens 

Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck.  I was offered same but refused and I have not heard anything since.

Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
Just a I thought. PayPal have refused to refund my money. This company must be making thousands by ripping off people, and PayPal won't do anything about it. I'm so disappointed in PayPal's poor service. They offer payment protection, then do not refund their customers when they have clearly been tripped off. All buyers beware. .......................................... We received the claim(s) you opened on 20 May 2020. We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we found that you did not return the merchandise to the merchant. For PayPal to accept your claim, you must return the item to the merchant. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection Find out how your purchases are protected and how we investigate claims by clicking Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.  Transaction information: Dispute Case ID: PP-D-67159887  Transaction Amount: $31.98 USD  Dispute Amount: $31.98 USD  Transaction ID: 2DM94293LH905622G  Transaction Date: 18 April 2020 Yours sincerely, PayPal
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

Disgusting of PayPal.  I’m not holding much hope for a refund now.

Login to Me Too

Peachy65
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, totally agree & when the cost of returning the item to China is 50% of what you paid for the item, people aren’t going to pay this are they ? You’d probably not hear anything again from this untrustworthy set of scammers. PayPal, wake up please & stop any more transactions with this company !
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Presume that’s what will happen with my claim then.  Why would you pay more shipping cost than the value of item sent.?  As said previously, PayPal’s buyer protection is meant to cover this.  We need to get together a lawsuit against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

NathalieO

i got scam as well and paypal REFUSE to give me my money back.. I send a picture of what i order and what i received and still denied the refund

they are stealing for thousands of people...      okbuynowshop...    they got me for $42.99   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.