Nugen <removed> DO NOT BUY FROM

ttoca525
Contributor
Contributor

This seller is a fraud and a scammer. Doesn't reply to any messages from buyers but somehow manages to reply to paypal when a dispute arises. Provides paypal (who believes anything a seller says) with fake tracking numbers that are impossible (overnight shipping for free). Shame on you paypal for finding in this persons favor and never giving me the opportunity to prove this seller is a fraud. And YOU seller, you are coward and don't even have the audacity to reply to any messages. 

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

ClaudiaV01
Contributor
Contributor

@ttoca525 I had the same reaction about going to the FTC, but honestly if PayPal is not willing to do the right thing, I feel that I needed to push this further hoping that this guy gets stopped. He is stealing from all of us who work hard to earn our money. It is shameful that we have to seek other means to resolve this matter, but if my complaint to the FTC I can stop this rotten individual I will feel a little better about the whole thing. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB against PayPal. Fell free to do the same, not promoting or asking to do it, just asking to consider it.

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @KV285 

Thank you for your swift reply. Allow me to explain how Disputes is being process here in PayPal, First a buyer file a dispute to PayPal whats gonna happen now is that we will give a chance for the merchant to explain and defend themselves they have 20 days to respond otherwise if they do not respond then case will be closed in favor of the buyer and also during that 20 day period given to the seller buyer has an option to escalate it to a claim after 7 days from the date of filing. If in case seller responded an provided a tracking number wherein our back office reviewed the tracking number and was verified by the shipping company that it is "Delivered" then case closed in favor of the merchant.  Now all is not lost for the seller as we allow them to request for the reopening of the case to make an appeal, during appeal process whats gonna happen is that buyer is given ample time to provide compelling evidence like a letter or certification from the shipping company  that states the tracking number provided by the seller is not associated on your address that's simple as it is once you have that i'm pretty sure case decision will be reverse into your favor.  I hope this could somewhat enlighten you about how dispute process.  Now what's gonna happen once the dispute was in favor of the buyer our security team will be reviewing if that seller violates the Agreement Policy between PayPal and them if they found that they really violates then security teams shall punt limitations on the seller account.

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

KV285
Contributor
Contributor

@Teddy25 

This isn't my first time through this process.  This is however my first time where PayPal is giving myself and others the runaround.  I was told I would be emailed a form and this form has not been emailed to me.  The customer service reps I have chatted with have not been helpful and one representative was just down right rude and disrespectful to me.  I have already reported this transaction to the Federal Trade Commission.  I will also be reporting this to the California Attorney Generals Office, reporting PayPal for not protecting the customers and consumers from scammers and fraudulent purchases.  After that I will be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau.  I have nothing but time at the moment.  

Login to Me Too

ttoca525
Contributor
Contributor

Look at the same message from the same alleged PAypal employee. Disgusting how they even stoop to automated messages. Now they're using current "health" crisis as an excuse to not pick phone lines or answer back in an orderly fashion. Guess what..if you're working from home you can use your cellphone to at least show interest in the customers you claim you need. I'm cancelling every subscription that requires Paypal payment. Let me know how you it goes with complaint.

Login to Me Too

ClaudiaV01
Contributor
Contributor

@ttoca525 

Question: was UPS able to help you with an investigation or is that still ongoing?   I was about to file my complaint with the BBB, but I wonder if I should reach out to UPS and ask for the investigation too or just proceed to file.  

Login to Me Too

ttoca525
Contributor
Contributor

I provided UPS with the tracking number they replied and stated my address is NOT the address they have on file with that tracking number. I am demanding PayPal reopen the case and pursue this fraudulent seller. Contact UPS and provide them with the tracking number. Rest assured this person is lying.

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @KV285 

I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but rest assure that PayPal doing there best to help each customer who are having dispute to win the case they filed. Well i'm so sorry also for the treatment that you have received from one of the representative you were able to speak with, that's totally unbecoming i do apologized for that behavior.  Once we are back to normal operation i hope you can give us a call and discuss what is happening on your account. Stay Safe.

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Designris
Contributor
Contributor

So how many of us have to file the same exact complaint for PayPal to give us our money back?

Login to Me Too

ttoca525
Contributor
Contributor

Provided proof of a fake shipment and do you know what paypal said?! Try contacting the seller and talk it out with him/her We can't do anything about, it's hard to please both parties (especially the party that sends fake tracking numbers)

Login to Me Too

RandiGellis
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve filed 3 so far. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.