Not sure what to do

Zenqi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so i had contacted a seller on facebook marketplace about a graphics card and agreed to pay £174 through paypal. I sent the money  and she said she will post it at 12 that day. Later that night the postage details were shared to me and the details were wrong, it showed a deifferent address. I asked her about this and she said she didnt know anything about it, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and forgot about it. I messaged her asking her when the package will arrive she said tomorrow. The next day comes around and the package didnt arrive, i just thought maybe it will come the day after that but it didnt. I messaged her asking for the tarcking details for the package but she didnt respond, and still hasnt. After she didnt respond i went to the resolution centre and reported a problem but didnt realise it was reporting the problem to the seller. I thought it was reporting a problem to paypal and wrote out a whole thing like this and picture proof. After i sent it i realised it sent to her and closed the case because there was some personal info in there.

Im not sure what to do, my money is still being processed i think but she hasnt sent the package. Is there any chance i could get a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zenqi 

The dispute part of the claim is for negotiations between buyer and seller to see if they can resolve any issues.

If not then you have up to 20 days to escalate a dispute to a claim when paypal get involved.

If you close a dispute then sadly you can't re-open it or open another dispute for the same transaction.

You had up to 180 days to open a dispute so it seems odd you would open one so quickly without waiting to see if the item came first.

However your only option now is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then talk to them and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.