Need help with an appeal on a case closed ruling...

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Purchase-protecting-on-item-that-was-no...

I have been doing what I can to get payment re-enbursement within the policy outlined.  I am needing to appeal a case and to provide the documentation I was given.  The 2 people in the paypal thread have not responded to that thread @WarrenPink and @dparinas

I am needing to know how to appeal as I don't have the option from the resolution center and also how to provide the "Intranet document" I had to get from USPS.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Ranashi , I hope you're doing fine.

If you're not happy with the outcome of your case, we encourage you to reach out to the seller to reach an agreement or resolution. Most sellers aim to satisfy their buyers. PayPal's decisions are final, but if you have additional information that we haven't reviewed or if there's been a mistake in the processing of the case you can contact-us

I hope this helps. If you find this helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Have a great day and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

@Sidney08,I have gone through the resolution center - the "seller" sent a package to some other address than the one provided by myself or paypal.  The issue "case" was closed because it went to my zipcode.  This is a fairly common scam from what I am reading, in the paypal documentation it states specifically we can appeal a closed case with paypal.  I have gotten the intranet document - as prior to getting it shipped is when I opened the case.  Now I need to provide the details to prove it didn't go to the expected location.  As a scam so I can get my "buyers protection" and PayPal can save themselves from continued funding and problems to at least this given "vendor" (scammer).

Please read through the original thread and also check out my case I will post the case number here if that will help.

I cannot file another report on that same transaction as I get a message "Sorry, you can't report this type of issue for the selected transaction."  allowing me to post new details.

Am I missing something where in the paypal buyers protection where it states if we don't agree with a ruling paypal made we can appeal this?  I have more information and want to appeal this and provide the details.

You can file an appeal in just a few steps:

1. Log in to your account
  2. Go to the Resolution Center
  3. Select “Closed Cases” from the drop-down menu
  4. Click the “Appeal” button

The "Appeal" option is not available.

I will be posting my intranet document here along with my case number tomorrow if I get no response stating otherwise.  

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

@Sidney08 

Below is the case number and the intranet documents from this transaction, it shows they were not shipped to the address that was given to the "vendor" (scammer).  Can you please appeal my case so I can actually get covered with the "buyers protection"?

Case # -> PP-D-59346999

2020-04-20 08_09_32-PP-D-59346999.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png2020-04-20 08_09_54-PP-D-59346999.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

@Sidney08 

2020-04-20 08_09_32-PP-D-59346999.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png2020-04-20 08_09_54-PP-D-59346999.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

As it appears someone deleted the pictures on my previous post as I am posting the documentation again to show that this was not shipped correctly and PayPal is not honoring buyer protection with an appeal.  I am including the documents from my google drive.  Please re-open the case and attach my documents and escalate the issue.

This may only be 1 person - however one person can change the world and if PayPal is allowing scammers to go without repercussions we need to take a stand.  

The e-mail the scammers are using are generated from a website called 163.com and you can register for a free e-mail address.  I am sure PayPal can look into this and isolated all e-mails from 163.com and prevent a lot of what most would deem illegal activity.

<removed>

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/wire-fraud.html

Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Ranashi , 

Yes, photos you have uploaded will be deleted as it contains personal information. To file an appeal, you have to speak to an agent. To get one, please click "message us " found at the bottom of this page/link : https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us .

I hope this time, it helps.

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

@Sidney08 

Currently unable to get to person because of Covid processing.  I am trying to get something opened - when I attempted to open a "other reason" for this same case it came up with an error and automatically closed the request.

Ranashi_1-1587481406360.png

Ranashi_2-1587481442194.png

Do you see my concern or the problem with this?  I sat in the queue for 2 hours the other day to talk to someone then it closed saying no one was available.

Currently this is the only way I have found someone to be able to be reached.  Please help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.