Need help with a closed case

1994user1994
Contributor
Contributor

I won an item on bid but never received the item, when I initially made the claim with Ebay they had no option to choose for an item not received so I put item not as described as there was no closer option to choose from. I went to the police station to report it the same day but they suggested me to action fraud as they do not handle those situations. Action fraud provided me with a ref which I provided to Ebay whom felt to me as though they were stalling for time as they kept telling me to call back on a later date and they were taking over 2 weeks so I made the claim on paypal and when I spoke to the customer service on the phone she logged the item as refunding because not as described then told me to call back in 10 days after providing her with all the information I gave to ebay. When I did call them back they said I needed to send the report to them which I eventually figured out how to do and I sent it. I later got an email from paypal saying my claim was denied. How do I go about getting my refund as I have spent over £800 and not received any item yet i have been denied a refund. I really am at a loss for words at the moment because of this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1994user1994 

There is always the option to file non receipt of item on ebay so not sure why you would use not as described.

And when you opened a dispute on paypal that would close any ebay dispute as you are not allowed to have x2 open at the same time.

So if you opened a dispute for non receipt you should have got a refund but if you filed for not as described then you probably wouldn't as you would have to prove why it was misdescribed.

Pity you didn't seek advice on ebay or paypals forums first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

1994user1994
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the support. I ended up speaking with someone on paypal's side that looked into my case properly and helping me. The whole thing was really a serious headache, it just instilled more distrust for online services.
Login to Me Too

1994user1994
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the support. I ended up speaking with someone on paypal's side that looked into my case properly and helped me. The whole thing was really a serious headache, it just instilled more distrust for online services.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.