Need Help with Response to PayPal Claim Dispute

rocsteady
New Community Member

hi PayPal Community,

i am a seller with a pending "not as described" dispute claim. paypal recently decided that the buyer should return the item to me and a refund will be issued upon confirmation that i have received it. below is this the latest update on my case in Resolution Center.

rocsteady_0-1601065633588.png

there is a "Notify PayPal" button at the bottom of the screen. i assume that this is the next step i need to take, however when i click on the button i get the following pop-up which looks like there is some system error.

resolutioncentreerror.jpg

i am not sure how to proceed. i have tried contacting PayPal through Message Center but noone has responded to me in over 15 hours. the message from Resolution Center says that i need to respond by Sunday, 27 September and i'm not sure if anyone will reply me during the weekend. anyone have any advice on what i should do here?

i also have the following questions:

1) this response that PayPal is asking from me by 27 September. it is just to acknowledge that I understand the decision made by PayPal and accept that the item is being returned right? what happens if i'm unable to respond in time due to the system error?

2) after the step above, how does PayPal confirm that the return item is received by the seller, and that it is in its original condition? i assume the former is via the tracking information, and the latter would require a confirmation from the seller (me)? 

3) why does PayPal decide that the shipping cost must also be refunded to the buyer? it is not fair to the seller, particularly in this case where the buyer is making unsubstantiated claims regarding the item. i was given no opportunity to defend myself nor the integrity of my item. 

it is my first time experiencing this so i hope i don't make any mistake as i understand PayPal is extremely strict and tends to defend buyers more than sellers. i just want to be careful here.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. 🙂

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.