NEWTRON TRADE : Did not get the item that I ordered

invisibleaccoun
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered ear buds thew were supposed to be water proof...

After about 1 month wait and creating a dispute they finally sent me a the package.

The package was poorly packed and something that was a fake item. Nothing that was advertised.

The email of the Seller : <removed>

20200825_111342.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@invisibleaccoun 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return the item to get a refund

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@invisibleaccoun 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return the item to get a refund

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dragon7380
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the very same problem, and I know the Newtron people. It appears that Paypal no longer cares about its customers. I am a 16 year paypal account holder and I ordered a circular saw from a Facebook ad...I pay $30 for it and they sent me attachments for a Dremel that cost less than $11 on Amazon. I have to jump though so many hoops to get my money from from this very obvious FRAUD..Paypal is becoming a joke and I am about ready to cancel my account of over 16 years.

Login to Me Too

TerryCon
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal should not allow this company to have an account, They are scammers and ripping people off. I paid for a folding work bench on Facebook through PayPal as I believed it gave me some protection - wrong.

Paypal denied my case as the seller sent a tracked package, not the folding workbench but some cheap drill bits worth pennies.

Disgraceful.

Login to Me Too

JenniT1162
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Ordered 8 newborn baby dolls and inflatable pool and 4 memory pillows and only got one cheap porcelain doll! LX199004431CN
Login to Me Too

Hobomac
New Community Member

Same here, very poor customer service at PayPal.  I ordered some earbuds for $24, received a $2 bicycle computer,Newtron claimed it was mistake and offered only 25% refund.  I went through the whole dispute process and PayPal says I have to pay $20 to send the item back in order to get my $24 back.  Next time I will just reverse charges on VISA.  

Login to Me Too

2czeynrp
Contributor
Contributor
I got the very same problem!!! It is so difficult to get your money back, I just want it back. Now I am trying since 3 weeks. That‘s not fair
Login to Me Too

ShavParts
New Community Member
Same thing...I ordered 3 of an item (night vision system) advertised on FB....after several weeks I received 1 item that was not what was advertised. Filed a dispute and can get a full refund but I have to PAY TO SHIP HIS JUNK BACK TO CHINA! That is NOT BUYER PROTECTION!! I LOSE $$. Had PayPal for 20 years...time to move on.
Login to Me Too

Mikki600
Contributor
Contributor
Was it the night vision rifle scope and did you get eventually a mobile phone telescope?
Login to Me Too

chazjazz
Contributor
Contributor
I order 15 shoe boxes for 47.00 in June. I did a dispute in August. They said it was on its way. 2 weeks later I received cheap plastic shoe horns. Did the dispute but I'm not paying any money to send it back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.