My account is limited and I can do literally nothing.

kaptep01
New Community Member

I used to use Ebay all the time with my paypal account and would constantly buy and sell stuff on there. It's been almost a year since I was regularly using Ebay and now that I'm trying to again, I can't seem to get my account working. I can't do anything on it basically, because it's "limited". When I go to the Resolution Center like it says though, there are no open cases and no closed cases and it doesn't even tell me what happened that caused my account to be limited in this manner. I can't delete my account, change my debit card or bank info, nothing. I tried to create a new account with my new gmail address but Paypal won't let me use my bank info on it because it's registered with the limited account. How do I solve this? What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaptep01 

Yeah, when an account has been limited, you can't change or remove the payment methods or use them in another account. Not exactly sure why your account was limited, could be because it was dormant for awhile and PayPal needed to verify your identity because of federal regulations and had no success doing that and so it got limited.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.