My account has been hacked closed

eminek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I have been trying to reach Paypal Support since yesterday afternoon and there is no response, I tried all possible channels but got nothing! 

Yesterday at 14.30 they hacked my account and sent money from my linked revolut account to their paypal account, then immediately changed the password and finally they completely closed my account. So even for the help centre we need to log in which is crazy if i am hacked how can I log in to my account and go to resolution centre! I opened this this account today and I decided to ask a solution to the community. I contacted with Revolut and they replied immediately but to cancel the transaction probably they need Paypal's approval I don't know how it works. I have hacker's paypal account name which he sent money from my account and I would like Paypal cancel that 94 sterlin payment and open my account back. Can anyone help me please, what should I do more, they don't reply my messages in any social media or here. It's very unprofessional for the company that declares their 24/7 support on their website but in reality doesn't reply their customers in 24 hours! It's very serious problem that hackers own paypal accounts and hack people this easily.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

eminek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My complaint has been solved in only a day by PayPal's Twitter Support team, thank you. But I can't say that I am happy with email support team, they were sending me unrelated solutions. I would recommend you to contact Paypal support on Twitter and they will reply your tweet or direct message as soon as possible and once you receive a response I am sure problem will be solved. 

I was so worried about my account and stolen money, first time it happened to me. Unfortunately it won't be possible to get back my account but at least I will get a refund.

Hope everybody can get a solution soon.

Stay safe!

Regards,

Emine

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Temp20240125AU
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Same thing happened to me early this morning. Purchase and payment done from my account and then immediately my account was closed. I also cant find any way to contact and report this issue to PayPal as my account has been deleted. I have opened this new account now. Please anybody from community if can help?
Login to Me Too
Solved

eminek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My complaint has been solved in only a day by PayPal's Twitter Support team, thank you. But I can't say that I am happy with email support team, they were sending me unrelated solutions. I would recommend you to contact Paypal support on Twitter and they will reply your tweet or direct message as soon as possible and once you receive a response I am sure problem will be solved. 

I was so worried about my account and stolen money, first time it happened to me. Unfortunately it won't be possible to get back my account but at least I will get a refund.

Hope everybody can get a solution soon.

Stay safe!

Regards,

Emine

Login to Me Too

tuning55555
Contributor
Contributor

Hello...

my paypal account has been hacked today's morning, I received an e-mail from paypal telling me that I added a new e-mail address to my account, while I didn't add any new e-mail address and I don't know that new e-mail address which has been added and I went to log in to my account but I couldn't log in and I get a message that my e-mail address is wrong and not found on paypal, now I can't even login to call the help center, my account has 299.33EURO please help me to restore my account and refund my money please.

Login to Me Too

eminek
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I've just seen that you had a similar issue and I am sorry to hear that. Probably you've already solved your problem but for the next unlucky person I would like you leave here some suggestions. When you realize that your account has been hacked and you no longer have access to your account, the best thing to do is to create a new paypal account with another email and login with new account and text to the chat/help/support whatever. While you'are waiting for a response from the customer support, if you have one, open your twitter and get in touch with paypal support/help and send them a direct message or @ mention on your post the situation. In my case they didn't reply super fast but once they reply they are very fast to solve the problem. Hope it helps.
Login to Me Too

Louis100
New Community Member

im trying to contact this stupid team and they dont answer. my account has been hacked too

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.