My Account is Limited

yashgarg
Contributor
Contributor

I provided my documents and it clearly showed that I am 18+ in age but then PayPal sent me an email stating that :-

We reviewed the documents you submitted and have determined you are not 18 years old while creating account with PayPal. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. For this reason, we have limited your account.

I provided them the govt ID and Photo proof still they wrote this! How do I get my account unrestricted now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yashgarg 

Why are you opening a new account when you have been permanently limited on another?

As you broke paypal rules once then they do not always let you open a new account and if you do they limit that one as well.

You are supposed to contact customer services and ASK if they will allow you to open another account now you are of age.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yashgarg 

I think the point that they are making is that you were probably NOT 18 when you opened your paypal account.

So even if you are over 18 now the account you are using was an illegally made underage account and as such would be permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

yashgarg
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even remove my email how do I do that? I cannot even add my bank account to a new ID if I sign up again!!! HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT CLOSED NOW?

Login to Me Too

yashgarg
Contributor
Contributor

yashgarg_0-1613921287570.png

I can't add my bank account to my new account even though it says that it can't be linked only if it is there in 3 accounts but yet i can't link it to my new account. What the hell is this!?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yashgarg 

Why are you opening a new account when you have been permanently limited on another?

As you broke paypal rules once then they do not always let you open a new account and if you do they limit that one as well.

You are supposed to contact customer services and ASK if they will allow you to open another account now you are of age.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

yashgarg
Contributor
Contributor
edit: So I messaged the customer support and they are looking into it. Thanks for the help!
Login to Me Too

olmotsky
Can you make my account restricted?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.