Money Sent to Scam Website - Cannot Dispute

Myth1c
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sent money to this company and have not yet received the item. They said it would be here the 12th and when I emailed them I got absolutely no response. Further digging shows several people with this problem and that they are very likely a scam and never intend to send me the (very expensive, mind you) product I ordered. Does anyone know what recourse I could do? They are a "verified seller" so I cannot dispute the sent money in any way and the order is in pending, but I cannot cancel it.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myth1c 

You can't do anything with a pending payment as the seller has not been paid yet so unlikely to have sent anything.

If it stays as pending for 30 days and the seller does not process your order it should time out and go back to you.

If it completes then you may have buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described...details in buyer protection paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myth1c 

You can't do anything with a pending payment as the seller has not been paid yet so unlikely to have sent anything.

If it stays as pending for 30 days and the seller does not process your order it should time out and go back to you.

If it completes then you may have buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described...details in buyer protection paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.