Luggage sale on Facebook

MrVis
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone here on Facebook buy the 3-piece luggage set from https://www.ocaenole.com/. They ran a huge promotion on Facebook in the month of December but from all the feedback that I've seen on group pages, it is apparent very few people have received their order if any at all. A few have received earrings instead and show PayPal that the item was shipped and received. This is a complete scam and should be investigated thoroughly by PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

khornby
Contributor
Contributor

I love the fact that Paypal tells you to open a dispute. That's there answer to everything but the dispute process is geared to protect the seller and not the buyer. I had proof that they sent me earrings which I provided to Paypal. Emails from me to the vendor went on answered. The email address and phone number on the package I received. By the way, my purchase was from an identical site to Ocaenole (salewn.com) although the vendor in PayPal was listed as Ocaenole. I explained all this to PayPal. Originally PayPal closed my complaint as rejected because Ocaenole provided a tracking number for the earrings. Because I complained on Facebook, they re-opened it. The vendor then offered to refund me less than half the cost. I refused. So in order to get my money back, I had to send a tracked package to China with the cheap earrings in it in order to get my refund. Originally the tracked package was quoted at the post office as the almost same cost I spent ($80 CAD). But when I explained the predicament to the nice lady at the post office, she decided to send it as letter mail instead since it was so small. It still cost me $25 CAD. I am still waiting for it to be delivered. This company has it down to a science. They know the system and are exploiting it big time with PayPal's help. PayPal should at least be honest and say we guarantee your purchase as long as we can get the money back from the seller and if you are scammed it sucks to be you

Login to Me Too

Mosh3
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are not interested in really looking into any issues regarding this and providing they can track a package (in my case a necklace rather than earrings) they won't do anything.  I opened a dispute and they closed it saying it was delivered and then it couldn't be reopened- totally let down by PayPal.   They must know what's happening here as it's clearly happened several times but as someone else has said on this forum PayPal should make it clear than they won't refund money unless they get it back and will only look into refunds it takes little or no effort!!! Feel very badly let down by PayPal 

Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I too got scammed with purchasing the luggage on Facebook. Filed a grievance with Paypal stating I never received item...learned that they sent Paypal a different tracking # than the original they gave me. I received a cheap pair of earrings matching their tracking #. ...filed second grievance with Paypal in hopes they find the company a phony and refund my money. I saved all original conversations with Chinese company ...hopefully, it will come in handy when I try to prove my case that I was scammed. 

Login to Me Too

Linbv
Contributor
Contributor
Finally, just now after keeping me waiting on the line several times PayPal closed the case in my favor. I tried to file it 6 times but they kept on closing it because same thing, seller gave them a different tracking number. And so I called Usps and asked them to provide me a proof of what was delivered with that said tracking number. Usps agent was kind enough to send me an email of the details of what was sent and so I forwarded that email to PayPal. Even with this community conversation should give them a red flag with that said supplier. Just not sure with a new seller named Exec.USA in Facebook selling the same item with almost the same promotion. A lot of people are ordering. Don’t want to take a chance again. Good luck everyone! Don’t stop fighting for what’s right. These scammers won’t stop if we don’t do anything and just let them go away with it.
Login to Me Too

Ryan116
New Community Member
I ordered 3 piece hard side luggage never got them no tracking number. I emailed them 4 times no reply. And PayPal moved in there side . They are saying they delivered I live alone in a house and no delivery ever came . Sick
Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I never received the luggage but did receive a cheap pair of earrings with the tracking # that they gave paypal. It was a different # than they gave me and I still have the conversation to prove it. With all the people claiming they have been scammed, you would think paypal would do more investigating and realize that the company was a fraud and took money from a lot of paypal customers. It's only fair that paypal would side with the buyers on this and refund their money.

Login to Me Too

Mcp5
Contributor
Contributor

call Paypal again and be persistent. I finally got my refund. Too many people complaining for them to not know it’s a fraud by now.

Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I've been offered a partial refund....just wondering if you received the same offer? I feel they owe me the total amount. What say you? Your response is deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

khornby
Contributor
Contributor

They also offered me a partial refund. I refused. This company knows how to use the system to their advantage and have been doing so for awhile. It's always the same. I even had to send the earrings back via tracked package which I did and now they are refusing to receive the package. It cost me $25 CAD to send them back and I am still fighting

Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I denied the partial refund also. Legally, if someone sends you something that you didn't order (earrings, etc.) it's their responsibility to pay for the return postage. I intend to fight this all the way...it's time paypal steps up to the plate and protect their customers from a fraudulent, scamming company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.