Luggage sale on Facebook

MrVis
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone here on Facebook buy the 3-piece luggage set from https://www.ocaenole.com/. They ran a huge promotion on Facebook in the month of December but from all the feedback that I've seen on group pages, it is apparent very few people have received their order if any at all. A few have received earrings instead and show PayPal that the item was shipped and received. This is a complete scam and should be investigated thoroughly by PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

HairguyTX
Contributor
Contributor

FINALLY!

Today I received an email stating my case was closed “IN MY FAVOR” and am being refunded the full amount!  I guess filing the claim with the internet crime division WORKED!

Don’t give up! Follow the steps and you will get your refund!

Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

Did you return the cheap jewelry that was sent to you?  I also filed the claim but was denied a refund...consider yourself lucky to get a refund...happy for you.

Login to Me Too

Mcp5
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t return the earrings but had kept the packing envelope. I sent a pic of the small Envelope with the tracking number to PayPal. They refunded cause now way you goat a luggage set in a pkg weighing less than 1 oz
Login to Me Too

sobhealth
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I was scammed by the company. I received 2 pieces of ear rings in the mail box and when I logged a complain to Paypal, they closed the case because the company provided a tracking number. I think paypal should investigate them and the content mailed and the weight.

Login to Me Too

MeliHaus
Contributor
Contributor

This all makes sense now!! Thank you for posting this! I have been so angry that they stated it was shipped and received by me. Just seeing this I recall receiving a random paid of silver bar earrings that I didn't recall ordering, I thought to myself that it was probably something I ordered from Wish and didn't remember... I've been fighting with Paypal to get my $..  

Login to Me Too

Mcp5
Contributor
Contributor
File with their fraud dept. I always copied and pasted all the responses I saw on the internet about the same thing and told them it was a scam so many people got taken. PayPal should be ashamed.
Login to Me Too

skinnedturtle
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately PayPal doesn't give a crap and does not look out for they buyer.
Login to Me Too

bnlwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor
I was scammed and sent earrings and PayPal will not refund me. The package even shows it weighed less than one ounce.
Login to Me Too

khornby
Contributor
Contributor

You need to be persistent and follow there directives. You will need to send the earrings back (I used letter mail since they are small). I returned the earrings and I eventually got my refund and the cost of the return postage including the mailer envelope. Keep track of all correspondence with Paypal and company (if you have any) It's ridiculous I know that PayPal is so pigheaded about this but they are following their process/ The stupid thing is that after all that I got the earrings back in return mail because the company refused to accept it on the other end 

Login to Me Too

HairguyTX
Contributor
Contributor

You are SO CORRECT!  Keep on them, follow their instructions, jump through their hoops. I called 3 times, each time speaking with someone new. Each time I got a little further, then, as crazy as it sounds, I had to file a claim with the FBI Internet fraud dept. ( took 5 minutes) I sent a copy to PayPal and received my refund in 24 hours. BE PERSISTENT! This is YOUR money!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.