Limitation on Account

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor

I have a limitation on my account and after entering CHAT with PayPal agent I was advised to upload my birth certificate and council tax bill as proof of ID because I do not have any Photo ID. I told the PayPal agent I would upload these documents as a single PDF file using the Photo ID upload link in the Resolve centre and was told this was OK. He said he would personally resolve the issue in 72 hours. After 72 hours I received a message on the Resolve site saying I had uploaded the wrong documents and I need to upload Photo ID. It now impossible to to contact anyone human on the Chat service. How am I meant to get limitations removed from my account? 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor

As I have received no answer to my last two emails I will ask again. What alleged unusual activity did PayPal notice on my bank account? Why are PayPal monitoring my online bank activity? Why have PayPal declined to accept the validity of my birth certificate and council tax bill when they had twice from two different sources said they would definitely be sufficient proof? Do PayPal intend to permanently deprive me of the funds in my PayPal account given that I do not have Photo ID? Does PayPal think I will simply go away and forget they have deprived me of the funds I placed in my PayPal account in good faith? Regards, Kevin <removed>

Login to Me Too

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor
Will anyone from PayPal reply to the questions I have asked several times now? Regards Kevin Lawless.
Login to Me Too

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor
Please note I pressed the 'accept this as a solution' button by mistake! I could hardly accept no solution as a solution! Will anyone from PayPal please answer the questions I have asked about my account limitations. Regards, Kevin
Login to Me Too

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor
As I have received no answer to the questions I have repeatedly asked I will try again. What unusual activity did PayPal see on my personal bank account. If PayPal were not monitoring my online activity then the behaviour is almost certainly a result of a bug in PayPal's Android app which returned an error following four attempts to use the ADD MONEY function to transfer funds via the app. Meanwhile, what does PayP intend to do the funds it has now declined me any access to and which are slowly deappreciating while held by PayPal? Regards, Kevin
Login to Me Too

kevinlawless
Contributor
Contributor

Further to my last reply I have now logged into my PayPal online account and discover that while access to my funds is still withheld, PayPal have lifted the restriction on allowing me to pay funds INTO my account. This seems completely illogical and furthermore an insult to injury. In short, PayPal is happy to accept funds into my PayPal account (from my bank account on which they allegedly spotted unusual activity) but are preventing from me accessing this money. Can anyone give a justification for this ?  I am asking again exactly what unusual activity did PayPal allegedly spot on my bank account? My bank has not been able to find any unusual activity so will PayPal provide me with details given that this activity seems to be the reason why PayPal has limited my account. Returning to the issue of my NOT having Photo ID, is it simply PayPal policy to seize funds in PayPal accounts when people have no Photo ID and then refuse  to return those funds? If Photo ID was going to be required, why did PayPal omit this information when I created the account a time when PayPal happily and with no qualms accepted my payments into that account? In addition, why on two occasions from two different PayPal sources did PayPal advise me that my birth certificate and council tax form would be sufficient forms of ID? Finally, if PayPal are happy to accept funds from my bank account perhaps they might consider paying back into my bank account  the funds I have paid into their account? Regards, Kevin <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.