Item Dispute

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PPC,

If and item is listed as in mint condition ie new and you are sent a second hand item is this not grounds for a return? PayPal seems to think not, and that a record I paid 518 Eros for and described as mint in the listing when in fact it's been played a lot and has someone's name stamped all over the labels isn't too different from item description to warrant a return. The record is not worth 30 Euros, yet alone 500. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Simon

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radiatingdrain

Item has to be 'significantly' other than described. As paypal never see the item they have to just make a judgement call.

All i can suggest is that if you funded your paypal payment via a card then see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

The PayPal advisor I spoke to told me to send screen shots of the listing as evidence. Are you telling me PayPal don't look look at any images?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radiatingdrain

Would you like to point out where I stated that?

Screenshots are not seeing the actual item.

And even if they were viewed paypal may not have thought the item 'significantly' other than described.

In fact from your very first post it appears they did not.

So why not do as I suggested and if you funded your Paypal payment via a card, see if you can do a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to a very helpful PayPal advisor who told me to send screenshots of the listing page to back up my appeal against their decision I can now return the item.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.