Issue with a dispute I did not make

alannaspencer
Contributor
Contributor

I recently uploaded my company card to my paypal account and very accidentally sent a payment to a personal friend and used the business card.  (I was going on like hour 27 of working straight...don't judge me plz).  She now has a chargeback on her account and I want to accept full liability but this was disputed by my former employer (which I understand), I have paid her a different way so I don't make that mistake again, but I want to understand that if this is now closed, that paypal won't need to contact her again.  Also, how do I assume liability for the chargeback amount?  She has unfortunately gone through some stress with this due to my mistake so I'm trying to make sure she won't be affected any further.  

Thanks community.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alannaspencer 

PayPal your friend the amount that was charged backed by your former employer. Or if you already paid her, then your friend can accept liability on chargeback dispute on her PayPal account with that money you paid her with. There's an option in the dispute for your friend to accept liability (as in having the money deducted from her PayPal account) and close the case. Once case is closed, you all move on with your lives. PayPal won't contact her about it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alannaspencer 

PayPal your friend the amount that was charged backed by your former employer. Or if you already paid her, then your friend can accept liability on chargeback dispute on her PayPal account with that money you paid her with. There's an option in the dispute for your friend to accept liability (as in having the money deducted from her PayPal account) and close the case. Once case is closed, you all move on with your lives. PayPal won't contact her about it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

alannaspencer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the speedy reply.

As soon as I found out, I actually sent her the money via Western Union.  That means her account is still showing as negative inside of Paypal which includes the $20 fee.  Do you know how I can remedy this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.