Incorrect product rec'd, minimal refund offered or I pay for return shipping

jeng17
Contributor
Contributor

Before I start explaining this problem, it is the 2nd attempt I made in the Resolution Center for this purchase.  Initially, I attempted to get a refund from the seller, which I had requested of them,Shenzhen Gusong InfoTech Ltd  5 mins after purchasing.  I reported the problem to PayPal, but they said they don't help with refunds unless the product is not rec'd.  Ok, fine.  So 5.5 weeks after ordering the product, which I found out, to my dismay, was coming from China - the incorrect product was rec'd - actually it was quite a joke - I received a putter in 4 parts, yes 4 parts!, and 3 unmarked golf balls instead of The Perfect Practice Putting Mat, which I ordered.  There is even a picture of this Putting Mat on the email receipt from the seller.  

So, I find out now, I am not able to make a SECOND request in the Resolution Center about the same purchase ALTHOUGH this has to do with a NEW problem.  I am not asking for a refund BEFORE receiving the product.  I HAVE rec'd the product and it is the incorrect one.  I attempted to choose that in the Resolution Center to no avail.

Also, basically, the seller, whom I informed sent me the incorrect product, valued at $46.87, that they would refund me $8US OR I could send the product back to CHINA for a full refund.  They know perfectly well it would cost much more to send the product back than what I paid for it.  

First off, I am not sure why PayPal even associates itself with sham companies like these.  The ONLY REASON I agreed to purchase this item with a good conscience is because I saw PayPal was a method of payment, so I would be SAFE.  HA!  Not so.  This will not happen again!!  I have lost a lot of confidence in PayPal whom I had used for many years for many purchases.

Anyway, please let me know if I have any recourse to obtain my refund for the incorrect product I rec'd considering the options they gave me.  I have no problem sending the product back, but I won't pay for return shipping for their error, as they have requested.

Thank you for your time reading this and if you are able to shed some light on my course of action.

Best

Jennifer

Note: I have pictures of all transaction info and of the incorrect product rec'd if you so wish to see them

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Ang28
New Community Member
I had the same thing, from thus company, and I believe PayPal are aware of this company and are stalling every way in us getting refunds, I purchased a ride on bumper car for a child and received 2 very small hand held plastic cars, I have been Sept 16 trying to get a refund the company offered $8 I refused this I want my full $27.73 back And when asked for their address to send the goods back they were not forthcoming, I put PayPal with the full responsibility of this transaction, they keep moving the resolution date, and keep sending me a affidevit via email to sign but I cannot print this off as no printer, I've spent an hour on the phone in two seperate calls, and guess what no complaint procedure for paypal
Login to Me Too

jeng17
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ang:

I feel your pain!  I finally rec'd my refund, but I had to return the product myself for $27.75 back to China as per Paypal. It took numerous requests for help via their message system.  So often I would get a PP rep who just sent me a canned answer and did not read my complaint fully and properly.  When communicating with PP via the Message system,  I kept a copy of all conversations in a Word doc in case I had to provide past conversation info.  They finally informed me that if I sent the product back, at my expense, I would get a refund AND I would get payment for my shipping return.  The product itself cost $46.87.  Paypal is associated with an insurance company Telusinternational from whom I rec'd the return shipping refund through Paypal.  I was told to click my transaction in Activity and then I would see a 'Return Shipping Refund' choice.  However, I did NOT see that selection.  Then after several more messages now directly with the insurance company via email over several days, finally I got a rep who helped and basically, I had to reload PP via a link he/she provided me to 'update' my version of Paypal to see the link.  I went ahead with the link, provided a copy of the return shipping cost receipt, a copy of the address to where it was sent and a picture of the front of the package I had returned.  3 things.  I got my return shipping refund almost instantly.  So, I suggest you continue your quest via their on-line message system AND via email.  Tell them you can sign an 'on-line' affidavit, if necessary.  Send them a pic of the product sent to you. This is the return shipping address Paypal sent me. (see below - address is missing 2 Chinese characters as they are not permitted here).  I purchased my product June 7 and finally rec'd my refund Oct 5.  This is an email for the return shipping request, split up, as one is not permitted to include emails here: paypalreturns_us  @  telusinternational.com. Btw, one is allowed up to 12 paid shipping returns per year!  Which is great.  The system works, it just takes a lot of time and patience to get to a rep who will properly read your request.  

Lastly, I would have NEVER dealt with this Shenzhen Gusong InfoTech Ltd company had I known the product was going to ship from China.  Some Chinese companies are find to deal with, but some others are crooks.  BUT since I saw that PayPal was a method of payment, I was not worried.  BIG mistake.  I am shocked that Paypal is working with a company like this.  My level of assurance now with whom they deal has lowered substantially.

This is the address Paypal provided me for the return, BUT you must first get confirmation from Paypal to send the return.  Good luck!  Let me know if I can help further.  Let me know how it goes.

Shenzhen Gusong InfoTech Ltd

<removed>

<removed>

guangzhou city,    <removed> CN

Login to Me Too

dongdonduong
Contributor
Contributor

I have same offer as you had.  Here is the copy of their email.  $8.00 offered refund + plastic bag they sent for $21.90 12feet telescopic ladder plus $10 shipping.  Sound fishy! Paypal resolution center still working on it.

" Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order at our store.

As an exceptional gesture of good will please consider to keep the product we sent.

You mentioned that the product you got is not the one you as advertisement.

How about we refund you $8  USD and you keep the goods you received?  

If the full refund is processed, it needs to ship back the product as the original you got. We are sorry to say that we are not responsible for the return shipping cost. The return shipping cost might be more than 10 USD or more expensive.

Meanwhile, the full refund would not be paid to your account until the parcel is back to our warehouse. It would take time or have the risk at lost during returning."

Login to Me Too

Skilledone
Contributor
Contributor
Heisshop.com Shenzhen Gusong Info Tech LTD
Login to Me Too

Skilledone
Contributor
Contributor
I also got scammed by Shenzhen Gusong InfoTech Ltd (heisshop.com). Ordered a battery powered wood cutter but received a chain. Do not purchase anything from them. THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!!!! They have done this to many many people around the world.
Login to Me Too

Wendo327
New Community Member
When will Paypal step up and help their customers? We relied on you to keep our transaction safe! Hundreds of people have been scammed by this company, why are still associated with them?
Login to Me Too

digitalearth
New Community Member

I have been conned by the same SCAM - Paypal is a nightmare to navigate it takes you round in circles, I responded to an ad on Facebook and thought that using the safety of Paypal would be ok, and as others have reported I was told to return the stupid item they sent me instead of what I ordered the return postage to China was expensive but I have done it - WHY is Facebook and Paypal still allowing this kind of SCAM.

Login to Me Too

RobB8
New Community Member
You’re lucky. At least you received something. I ordered an item from the same company who, six weeks later, said that Hermes had delivered the parcel. Because of this my claim was rejected by PayPal as Hermes said they had delivered a package. This was totally false and I have received nothing and signed for nothing.  Shenzhen Gusong InfoTech Ltd is a total scam and Hermes are a joke delivery company with a record of failure. Like you said, why on earth is PayPal associating with either company. Very disappointed with their PayPal’s dispute resolution.
Login to Me Too

Crangrammy
New Community Member

Well, wish I'd read this before I ordered what I did. I ordered a cleaning brush, electric with xtra brushes. Just got the brushes, no device to hold them.  I have no doubt after reading all you've done that I too have thrown away money. NO MORE will I buy from China if I realize that's where it's coming from.  Paypal - SHAME ON YOU for allowing these rip-off companies to use your site.  I've had it happen on Amazon too, but at least they make sure I get my money back.  I'm feeling like a fool.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.