Impossible to get in contact with customer service? (Illegal transaction)

Randomtoch
New Community Member
Hi Community,
I am curious about your experiences with this. I can't get through to the customer support from paypal at all. Last Saturday (5-12) there was suddenly a charge of 99.99 on my paypal. I saw that it was from a Game Company I used to play games on.
Apparently, my account there is hacked and they charged my paypal because it was linked as one-click-payment. I sent in a dispute throughout paypal, indicated that I have not placed this order, nor have given approval, that the payment is therefore unauthorized.
Within an hour I got back an auto-generated message from PayPal: [quote] We have completed our investigation of your matter for unauthorized activity and determined that no unauthorized use has taken place. [/ quote] Well, good then. So I try to get in touch; -Once the dispute is closed, there is no longer any possibility to respond / contact via the dispute. -The e-mail form via support is not working. When submitted, you get redirected to the message center and there will be no confirmation. (Tried this on different devices / browsers) -If you use the chat function, the robot tries to redirect you to an employee, you must first click on a link. But the robot does not forward the link. So you can't reach customer support through the chat. -If you contact Paypal by phone, you must type a generated code via the support tool on the website. The page that generates this code no longer exists. You cannot reach paypal by phone.
So I can't reach paypal by phone. I can't reach paypal by a reply on my dispute, I can't reach paypal by chat, and I can't reach paypal by mail.
How on earth do I get in touch with Paypal?

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tombarlv61
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing this morning PayPal Credit 821 dollars to oneplus.com I tried calling them on the number on transaction I believe it is a scam. But paypal cannot find a problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Randomtoch 

First check.......

......... if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.