cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ikuddle

Contributor

Ikuddle

Anyone else scammed by self cleaning litter tray advertised on Facebook?

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ikuddle

Hello @DonsRolla,

I'm sorry to hear a recent purchase didn't go as expected. I can understand how frustrating that can be. Have you opened a dispute or claim on that item yet? If not, here's how: I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Thank you 🙂 I opened a dispute when I realised it was a scam. The price was too good to be true to be fair for a self cleaning litter tray, but I trusted Facebook to advertise genuine items; I assumed it was a trial price. Eventually I received a cat food bowl worth about $4 and I paid just short of $45. I refused their offer of $20 refund, so now I have to return it to China, obviously funding that myself, even though I received nothing like it was advertised! Just frustrating, but you live and learn! Donna.
Esteemed Advisor

@DonsRolla 

Facebook do not vet sellers and is full of Chinese web sites selling tat, buyer beware.   😒 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

I am having the same experience. My order never came nor could I find any info about my order status except for the one email of my order confirmation. So I kept sending emails and finally a message on Facebook messenger. I did not get a response at all from the vendor for 1 1/2 months. The day after I did the fb message I got an email saying my order is on it’s way and the tracking info and I had to sign for it. Sent me some cheap pet item and now no response again, absolutely nothing! I have put in a dispute with PayPal and now just waiting. The company I bought it from Fasionbees is the contact for customer service on ALL the different websites selling the litter box. Different company names but same service email

Yes! Thank goodness I used PayPal and received my refund... I was sent a dollar store quality cat bowl, asked for a refund, was offered $20, I declined and PayPal thankfully reimbursed me the funds. Very frustrating, but now I only use PayPal to buy things online.
New Community Member

Yes, I was scammed too. I received a cat bowl, but I didn't associate it with the Ikuddle that I was expecting. It was complete mystery to me who had sent me a cat dish. I opened an item not received case with Paypal but Paypal found in the sellers favour as they had provided proof of posting. I am very upset with Paypal because I told them I had fallen for a scam, but the fact was completely ignored.

Contributor

Sounds the same. I was advised to return the item which cost me a further £13.50! The tracking said they refused to accept the item back in China, so I'm even worse off! PayPal closed in their favour as they claimed I never provided tracking details which is incorrect! So annoyed!
Contributor

Same happened to me.

The payment went to Masam online.

We receive a plastic bottle and bowl and thought it was a wrong order from Wish so threw away .

Turns out this is how they scam because Paypal only seem to look at tracking numbers so they send rubbish and have that tracked so they get away with it.
I would have thought this affects our statutory rights as I have not received goods described in my email invoice.
I always thought we were protected when paying with Payapl. I should have used credit card and claimed under section 75 of the credit card comsumer act.

Contributor

I know, I feel massively let down by PayPal and will think twice about trusting/using their service in the future!