Ikuddle

DonsRolla
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else scammed by self cleaning litter tray advertised on Facebook?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_JonK

Hello @DonsRolla,

I'm sorry to hear a recent purchase didn't go as expected. I can understand how frustrating that can be. Have you opened a dispute or claim on that item yet? If not, here's how: I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DonsRolla
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you 🙂 I opened a dispute when I realised it was a scam. The price was too good to be true to be fair for a self cleaning litter tray, but I trusted Facebook to advertise genuine items; I assumed it was a trial price. Eventually I received a cat food bowl worth about $4 and I paid just short of $45. I refused their offer of $20 refund, so now I have to return it to China, obviously funding that myself, even though I received nothing like it was advertised! Just frustrating, but you live and learn! Donna.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonsRolla 

Facebook do not vet sellers and is full of Chinese web sites selling tat, buyer beware.   😒 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

I am having the same experience. My order never came nor could I find any info about my order status except for the one email of my order confirmation. So I kept sending emails and finally a message on Facebook messenger. I did not get a response at all from the vendor for 1 1/2 months. The day after I did the fb message I got an email saying my order is on it’s way and the tracking info and I had to sign for it. Sent me some cheap pet item and now no response again, absolutely nothing! I have put in a dispute with PayPal and now just waiting. The company I bought it from Fasionbees is the contact for customer service on ALL the different websites selling the litter box. Different company names but same service email
Login to Me Too

bjmk1
Yes! Thank goodness I used PayPal and received my refund... I was sent a dollar store quality cat bowl, asked for a refund, was offered $20, I declined and PayPal thankfully reimbursed me the funds. Very frustrating, but now I only use PayPal to buy things online.
Login to Me Too

pentrepoeth
New Community Member

Yes, I was scammed too. I received a cat bowl, but I didn't associate it with the Ikuddle that I was expecting. It was complete mystery to me who had sent me a cat dish. I opened an item not received case with Paypal but Paypal found in the sellers favour as they had provided proof of posting. I am very upset with Paypal because I told them I had fallen for a scam, but the fact was completely ignored.

Login to Me Too

DonsRolla
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds the same. I was advised to return the item which cost me a further £13.50! The tracking said they refused to accept the item back in China, so I'm even worse off! PayPal closed in their favour as they claimed I never provided tracking details which is incorrect! So annoyed!
Login to Me Too

SueDavis106
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me.

The payment went to Masam online.

We receive a plastic bottle and bowl and thought it was a wrong order from Wish so threw away .

Turns out this is how they scam because Paypal only seem to look at tracking numbers so they send rubbish and have that tracked so they get away with it.
I would have thought this affects our statutory rights as I have not received goods described in my email invoice.
I always thought we were protected when paying with Payapl. I should have used credit card and claimed under section 75 of the credit card comsumer act.

Login to Me Too

DonsRolla
Contributor
Contributor
I know, I feel massively let down by PayPal and will think twice about trusting/using their service in the future!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.