I ordered something from #Longruian Electronic Commerce Co. and it was a scam

jdengelmann
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Christmas trees made out of sea glass.  What I received were two 5" Christmas trees made out of clear plastic - something I would expect to see at a dollar store.  I opened a dispute, but have not received much cooperation from Pay Pal.  They contacted the merchant who offered a partial refund of less than half what I paid.  I just want to return the items for a refund.

Do not order items from this company.  It is a fraud

Login to Me Too
105 REPLIES 105

Sandra221
Contributor
Contributor
They definitely do trick you by saying it's in the US.
Login to Me Too

TooDisappointed
Contributor
Contributor
That is because they have warehouses in the US full of these crap products. That is why the shipping we pay when we buy is not significant. They ship their crap in bulk so they can sell it in a profitable manner. Of course, if they charge $30 to $50 for something worth $3 they can afford to pay for the storage and bulk shipment fees (probably arrived by sea)
Login to Me Too

DebbieM2
Contributor
Contributor

If I could give you 100 Kudos, I would.  I got my money back from PayPal.  Where did you file with the Federal Trade Commission.  Could I find that info. by googling it?

Login to Me Too

2furs39
Contributor
Contributor

Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America's Consumers

Login to Me Too

DebbieM2
Contributor
Contributor

Good idea!  I'm very surprised that PayPay continues to do business with Longruian.  There are enough complaints in PayPal Community to know that they are scammers.

Login to Me Too

DebbieM2
Contributor
Contributor

I had to file a formal complaint with PayPal.  I got every cent back, including postage.  They were supposed to close their account with this fraudulent company so that no one else was scammed.  File the complaint, make sure to mention the company and the # of complaints out here.  I also included 5 pictures of the actual item I received as well as pictures of what was advertised.  Luckily, I kept those pics on my cellphone to show the person I was purchasing for.  CALL THE HOTLINE!!!

Login to Me Too

DebbieM2
Contributor
Contributor

I tried buying the same sea glass tree.  I also got the cheap plastic junk.  I tried PayPal's recommendation to go to the buyer first.  Got the same run around with various percentages back, then to return the item to China.  CALL PAYPAL's HOTLINE.  I filed a formal complaint but the call got me every penny back, including postage.  It helped that I had photos of the item advertised and pics of the garbage they sent.  What really sealed the deal is when I told them the number of complaints on this page about the company.  Best of luck to you!

Login to Me Too

tojo2
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered from this company Longruian Electronic Commerce Co Ltd and like everyone else was scammed I ordered two musical carousels fir my granddaughters and got plastic items, not at all want I ordered.  I filed a dispute with Pay Pal was offered a partial refund not even half of what I paidyment but I refused. I then was offered a full refund but have to send items back which would cost more than what I paid for them.  I thought that by using Pay Pal I would be protected.  I sent pictures of what I had ordered and pictures of what I received.  I am so disappointed>

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
This is exactly what I ordered phone UK PayPal number and stick by your guns saying you want a full refund and not sending items back because like you I could not add any comments to my dispute that’s why I phoned hope you get result I did
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.