I just raise a dispute and meet some issues with the seller

thx9527
Contributor
Contributor

Something you guys need to know first:

1. The seller is suspicious. (They sell Airpods Pro Clone and I find more clues suspicious about them by myself.)

1. The seller agrees to cancel the order but the status of the order is still "shipped" on Paypal. I was expecting it will be "cancelled".

2. They said they will refund me within 30 days. I feel like it is too long and they are suspicious so I raise a dispute.

3. After I raise a dispute and Paypal deducts the money I paid from them. 

I have these questions:

1. Is this normal that they got deducted because they are really angry about this?  (I don't know Paypal will deduct their money.)

2. The seller tells me if I do not resolve the dispute right now, I will not get the refund. Is this true?

3. Will the dispute disappear automatically after they refund me?

4. They said if I dispute successfully, I will not get a full refund from Paypal (Maybe Paypal charge some fee for this?)

but if I resolve the dispute and wait for them to refund, I will get a full refund from them. Is this true?

There are many questions here and I am sorry about this! Hope you guys can help me! Thank you. 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @thx9527,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Those are some great questions. I'll address them in the order they were asked. 

1.  Is this normal that they got deducted because they are really angry about this?  (I don't know Paypal will deduct their money.)
    • Depending on the dispute type, PayPal will most likely place the funds on hold on the merchant's side while we are deciding the case. Completely normal.
  2.  The seller tells me if I do not resolve the dispute right now, I will not get the refund. Is this true?
    • No. The seller cannot predict the outcome of a case. Even PayPal cannot predict the outcome of a case until all facts and figures are reviewed. Here's a link to a Help Center article that covers the Dispute and Claim process.
  3. Will the dispute disappear automatically after they refund me?
    • Disappear? No. However, it will normally close out. You should still be able to see the case details depending on how the case is closed. If you ever need to review the case details for whatever reason and they are not available on your end, our Customer Support will be happy to review them with you. 
  4. They said if I dispute successfully, I will not get a full refund from Paypal (Maybe Paypal charge some fee for this?) but if I resolve the dispute and wait for them to refund, I will get a full refund from them. Is this true?

• Short answer, no - if we decide the case in your favor, you will receive a full refund. We may ask you to ship the item back if necessary (normally only in cases where the item is received not as described). If we ask you to ship back the item, the cost of shipping does fall on you, the buyer. However, we do offer a bit of assistance there as well through our Return Shipping on Us program. 

All-in-all, if you open a dispute, we normally ask you to escalate it to a claim. And do not close it until PayPal makes a decision on the claim.

If you have any other questions about your specific case, our Customer Support is there for you. I normally recommend reaching out to them via Social Media. They're available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Best wishes for you dispute,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.